Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW!
2013 328 xdrive Recall

Hey all,
Just got contacted today about a recall. She seemed Vague and said it had something to do with the trunk not opening and windshield wipers. When I asked how long it would take she told me all day to upgrade firmware. This seems like an excessive amount of time to me for firmware.
Has anyone else been contacted?

Chiba
Ads by Google
Old 12-19-2012, 03:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiba View Post
Hey all,
Just got contacted today about a recall. She seemed Vague and said it had something to do with the trunk not opening and windshield wipers. When I asked how long it would take she told me all day to upgrade firmware. This seems like an excessive amount of time to me for firmware.

Chiba
I've got a 2012 335i and will be going in tomorrow for what sounds like the same thing. I also asked that the ASS button be re-programmed, as well. They want the car all day, but will supply a loaner.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i m-sport EB2
i wasnt contacted, but when i took my car in to make them look at the rust spots, they kept my car all night too. gave me a f30 328i sport loaner that was more loaded than my car to play with so it wasnt bad at all.

had them reprogram the ASS which they managed to not do correctly (or well whatever they did had no effect). but i got the 2 firmwares done (they had no idea what they were for, or the SA didnt anyway) . I know theres been one about a windshield wiper thing getting stuck so probably the same as yours
Old 12-19-2012, 09:25 PM

Mein Auto: BMW!
Thanks for the replies!

I want to make it so that If I turn the car off in Sport mode, it stays in sport mode when I start it again.
Also want them to explain why there are 2 ambient light modes and no difference when I switch them around..

Chiba
Old 12-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Vroom Vroom

Mein Auto: 328i
Is there a recall number? Wondering who all it effects.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:37 AM

Mein Auto: f30 318d
Quote:
Thanks for the replies!

I want to make it so that If I turn the car off in Sport mode, it stays in sport mode when I start it again.
Also want them to explain why there are 2 ambient light modes and no difference when I switch them around..

Chiba
the first part is not (yet) possible.

As for the 2 light modes, one should be orange and the other should be whitish.
If both are orange/white then someone set you up with wrong bulbs or something. Take it back
Old 12-20-2012, 06:35 AM
Swedish Murder Machine

Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Quote:

Chiba
Not currently possible. As to the light modes there is almost no difference between the two so it's not surprising if you don't notice much of a difference.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:52 AM
I probably dislike you...

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
Quote:
Hey all,

Chiba
I just had this done on my car. It is nothing serious, in fact it greatly increases the reliability of the "kick to open" mechanism for the trunk. It also generally makes the trunk open faster in all situations. I believe this also resolved an FEM issue which can effect other vehicle systems. Worth doing IMHO.
2002 325xi (Retired, very much missed)
Old 12-21-2012, 01:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken335i View Post
I've got a 2012 335i and will be going in tomorrow for what sounds like the same thing. I also asked that the ASS button be re-programmed, as well. They want the car all day, but will supply a loaner.
Arrgh! They had the car all day yesterday and today I get THE CALL that while trying to reprogram the ASS several times, the FEM module (I think?) fried. New module specific for the car must be ordered and due to Christmas etc., I won't get the 335i back until January 2 at the earliest. Luckily, I have a 2012 328i loaner, but miss the 335i already. The service tech said that they have only done maybe 4 ASS reprograms and this is the first time they have encountered this problem.