118i 2008 cabriolet various sensor and roof problems
I own an E88 118i cabriolet, 2008 model. I was wondering if other people owning the same type or series car have one or all of the following issues as well.
1. Passenger window (left) not closing sometimes. Sometimes when i try to close the passenger window, it just stucks at 55-60% and wont go up 100%. Re-opening the window and trying to close it again doesnt fix it always, sometimes i need to try up to 20 times to make it close. I took it several times to the local dealer, they always keep telling me that they have reprogrammed it (but what???).
2. Airbag fault, seatbelt warning (although wearing it), engine pressure warning all coming in random. They just pop up, and might go away after a few minutes, sometimes after hours.
3. Carbriolet roof sometimes need manual push to open. It just hangs at 20% and needs some pushing by my hand to complete the opening process. Also, just about when the roof is to fully enter the housing, it makes a strange noise. When i mentioned it to the local dealer, they told that probably the hidraulics are faulty, but the would require to start replacing various parts involved in the process. When I asked if this would be covered in warranty, they told me that it could be yes and could be not, since they don't know what is the fault yet. When i asked for the price if the answer would be "no coverage", i got the answer "something between 1000-3000 euros". Is that normal for a car with 30000 kilometers?
4. Small hole on the roof because of the sharpness of a mechanical componects below the affected area. I was told but the local dealer that it could be caused intentionally, or due to an accident. I was convienced at that time, but i have seen another 118i of the same type and had a hole eactly at the same place.
5. I had flat tyre probably for weeks (run flat - Continental SSR tyres), and the low pressure warning did not lit up. I know for sure that it used to work, since i got low pressure warning in the past.
Forgot to mention 1 more thing.
Once every about 20 times, the process of opening/closing the roof is buggy. When the fabric is about to enter/exit the housing, for a reason the order of the procedure is messed. The hatch closes before the roof gets in place and leaves the roof in an incomplete state. Then the roof fault light is lid and nothing happens anymore neither forward of backward the process. The first time i had to take it to the BMW service. Then the next 3 times I managed get it back by turning off the car completely, removing key, and leave car with roof in air for a few minutes, then trying to re-issue the process from the beginning. It is possible that the first retry will not work.
I just really want to know if all the above are common errors and if there are fixes for those. I tried researching on the above issues, I have come through other people facing half of the above problems, but not another case encountering so many issues at once. Is it just because our local dealer just doesnt care at all for after services (we only have 1 in Cyprus)? Or am i just an unlucky BMW owner?