Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 328xi
What have you tried in your F30

Hi Guys,

I just got my new F30 335xi and with tremendous help from the threads in this forum I coded away.

I followed the instruction for building cable, installing software and everything worked (one note in W7 64bit when you're applying that piece of code for the cable detection run it as admin)

The reason I started this thread was to collect info on what's working since the F30 software seems different (no HU_NBT for example in mine)

HUD_BLINKER_ENABLE - enabled but I don't see it in the HUD (KOMBI)
INBAD_RINGING - enabled doesn't work (HU_CIC)
LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME - works
HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE - aktiv by default
TC_MSA_MEMORY - activated don't know yet if will remember the last ASS setting
RDC_SAFETY - enabled works
BC_V_KORRECTUR - set to nicht_aktive; it doesn't seem to work will try again tomorrow

... any somehow my iPhone 4s died completely while accessing through the BT my contacts and trying to place a call ... wtf is the end of the world is coming already

Regards,
Ads by Google
Old 12-20-2012, 03:27 PM

Oh and I forgot

HUD_entertainment_most_enable (HU_CIC) - aktive (default nicht_aktive) shuts down the entertainment in the HUD and transfers it to the instrument cluster
Old 12-20-2012, 03:49 PM

I I just tried the blinker again

KOMBI / BLINKER_HUD_ENABLE = aktiv
HU_CIC / HUD_TURNSIGNAL = aktiv
KOMBI / HUD_PIA_BLINKER = aktiv

the option shows in HUD settings but after I select nothing happened
Old 12-21-2012, 06:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dromader View Post
Hi Guys,

I just got my new F30 335xi and with tremendous help from the threads in this forum I coded away.

I followed the instruction for building cable, installing software and everything worked (one note in W7 64bit when you're applying that piece of code for the cable detection run it as admin)

The reason I started this thread was to collect info on what's working since the F30 software seems different (no HU_NBT for example in mine)

BC_V_KORRECTUR - set to nicht_aktive; it doesn't seem to work will try again tomorrow

... any somehow my iPhone 4s died completely while accessing through the BT my contacts and trying to place a call ... wtf is the end of the world is coming already

Regards,
FYI. You don't have HU_NBT not because you have an F30, rather it is because you don't have the new iDrive.

HU_NBT is the new iDrive, and it is not Chassis specific. So, for cars with S609A Navigation System Professional you will have older F10's and F30's with the older iDrive, HU_CIC, and then newer F10's and F30's with the newer iDrive, HU_NBT.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 12-21-2012, 06:32 AM

Yep I knew ... Just letting people know

Update : after all the coding done yesterday today in the morning left mirror was out of position and "engine light" was ON. I will try and reset the code as mentioned in another thread, I hope it works
Old 12-21-2012, 06:50 AM

Mein Auto: f30 318d
Quote:
I don't have hud, so i never tried those myself.
But general consensus seems to state it doesn't work in the f30.

inband ringing works fine here (coded several cars), and i'm not on the new navi or anything. I'd try it again if I were you.
whats rdc safety again?
Old 12-21-2012, 07:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
RDC_SAFETY enables the TPMS temp/pressure display.

I have not been able to get the HUD turn signals to work either.

INBAND_RINGING works great, but you need BMW Assist for the enhanced BT to have it work.

TC_MSA_MEMORY does work; I've done that on at least 6 different cars, including my own.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhan1103 View Post
I don't have hud, so i never tried those myself.
But general consensus seems to state it doesn't work in the f30.

inband ringing works fine here (coded several cars), and i'm not on the new navi or anything. I'd try it again if I were you.
whats rdc safety again?
RDC Safety is the TPMS Tire Pressure and Temp display.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 12-21-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogmanF30 View Post
RDC_SAFETY enables the TPMS temp/pressure display.

I have not been able to get the HUD turn signals to work either.

INBAND_RINGING works great, but you need BMW Assist for the enhanced BT to have it work.

TC_MSA_MEMORY does work; I've done that on at least 6 different cars, including my own.
No enhanced bt on my car and it works regardless. Not sure about the other cars, didn't pay attention.

If its not working still, try deleting the phone from your car and pairing it again.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:37 AM

About INBAD_RINGING ... I found 2 entries one in HU_CIC and one in COM (... don't remember the name exactly but it has to do with communication box). I have enabled the one in HU_CIC and by itself it didn't work. yesterday I set to aktive the INBAD_RINGING in combox I hope it does the trick ... how did you guys enabled it?

I have removed the "check engine light" as mentioned in a different thread (remember in win7 right click and run as admin the tool32.exe otherwise it wont load the F01.prg)

1) Launch C:\EDIABAS\Bin\TOOL32.EXE
2) Hit F3
3) Load C:\EDIABAS\Ecu\F01.PRG
4) In the "Select Job: F01" window, select FS_LOESCHEN_FUNKTIONAL
5) Hit F5
6) "Results" window should show "JOB_STATUS = OKAY"

Many thank to the main contributors to the forum!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhan1103 View Post
No enhanced bt on my car and it works regardless. Not sure about the other cars, didn't pay attention.

If its not working still, try deleting the phone from your car and pairing it again.
Yeah the BT connection between my phone and the car is iffy, I'll try do a delete. It doesn't remember the bt audio in the phone settings and yesterday the phone crashed completely while coding the car, now I turn off the BT while coding.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Quote:
About INBAD_RINGING ... I found 2 entries one in HU_CIC and one in COM (... don't remember the name exactly but it has to do with communication box). I have enabled the one in HU_CIC and by itself it didn't work. yesterday I set to aktive the INBAD_RINGING in combox I hope it does the trick ... how did you guys enabled it?

I have removed the "check engine light" as mentioned in a different thread (remember in win7 right click and run as admin the tool32.exe otherwise it wont load the F01.prg)

1) Launch C:\EDIABAS\Bin\TOOL32.EXE
2) Hit F3
3) Load C:\EDIABAS\Ecu\F01.PRG
4) In the "Select Job: F01" window, select FS_LOESCHEN_FUNKTIONAL
5) Hit F5
6) "Results" window should show "JOB_STATUS = OKAY"

Many thank to the main contributors to the forum!
INBAND_RINGING is in the CMB_MEDIA module under the 3001 TELEPHONE_PARAM section.

That's why I thought this was codable only on Enhanced BT cars as cars without EBT don't have the same combox.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:02 PM

That clears it up I think.
For cars with combox you code it in that module, for cars w/o the combox it's in the CIC module.

Probably
Old 12-27-2012, 01:06 PM

I have a question for the gurus, is it possible to disable (or make it last 1s) only the iDrive start up screen (the one with the disclaimer and accept ). I have LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME=kein_id that I just realized turns off all disclaimers. I'd like to have the seat-belt reminder ON.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I have a question for the gurus, is it possible to disable (or make it last 1s) only the iDrive start up screen (the one with the disclaimer and accept ). I have LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME=kein_id that I just realized turns off all disclaimers. I'd like to have the seat-belt reminder ON.
LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME in HU_CIC does affect only the iDrive Startup Disclaimer Screen, nothing else, so I am not sure what you are referring to.

The seatbelt coding is in ACSM and is entirely different:

Gurtzustandsanzeige_Beifahrer_GWF_GZA_BF (Status Passenger)
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fahrer_GWF_GZA_FA (Status Driver)
Initialwarnung_GWF_IW (Initial Gong)
SBR_BF_GWF_SBR_BF ( aka SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Beifahrer) (Gong Passenger)
SBR_FA_GWF_SBR_FA (aka SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Fahrer) (Gong Driver)
SPW_BF (aka SBR_PreWarning_Beifahrer) (Gong on Disconnect - Passenger)
SPW_FA (aka SBR_PreWarning_Fahrer) ((Gong on Disconnect - Driver)

Old 12-27-2012, 09:46 PM

What I'm referring to is the fact that the seatbelt warning doesn't work anymore since I set the legal disclaimer to off - as I said I thought that it only affects the idrive screen

Last edited by dromader; 12-27-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
What I'm referring to is the fact that the seatbelt warning doesn't work anymore since I set the legal disclaimer to off - as I said I thought that it only affects the idrive screen
Whatever has caused your seatbelt warning to cease working, it was not LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME.

Leave LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME = kein_ld, and set the 7 Seatbelt codes I listed above to aktiv, and see if your Seatbelt warnings work.

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 12-27-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:29 PM

Will try. Thanks!