Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X3 35i
Smile Rear window washer pump/motor

I am a newbie. I own a 2013 X3 35i, Mineral Silver Metallic with Mojave Nevada leather. I am regretting that I did not order the Premium Audio but the 12 speaker audio does sound ok.
I have Tech package, Front heated seats etc. I just wanted to share this information with the folks out there that at 100 miles my car dumped all of the washer fluid from the rear window and the rear window pump/motor would not stop running. To make a long story short Murray Motor in Denver had to order new parts including the Fuse board behind the glove compartment. The pump was constantly running so it started to smell after 5-6 hours. They disconnected the pump by removing the fuse. It was crazy for me since I just took delivery of the car and I had plans for that day which got ruined. I have all the paper work. I did go to the Murray GM to get some results since the service department was giving me the run around. After that I was treated properly. Any one else had similar problem with a 2013 X3? They think it was a pinched wire due to lack of room between the board where it was mounted. X3 is running great right now and I am getting around 22 MPG average town/highway with about 2800 miles on it. It looks amazing and I will be posting some pictures soon. Prior to the X3 I had always owned Lexus so it was quite a switch. I don't particularly like the RFT tires. Because they are costly. I did get the certificates from Discount Tires at around $30/tire which I think is cheap since I have 19 inch wheels with the Good Year Eagle tires @$305 per tire. Please ignore my mistakes since I am new to this. Picture taken at Red Rocks Denver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-X3-35i.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	370889  
Ads by Google
Old 04-11-2013, 01:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Yes, several others who own 2013's have had this issue. It's only been with the 2013 model year.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Most '13 owners who experienced the washer pump problem were told that it was a bad JBE module, Junction Box Electronics. The part typically has to be ordered from Germany, as do most (all?) X3 parts of any consequence. Note that pulling the fuse to disconnect the pump has been reported by one person to also disable the front windshield washer and the door locks.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:53 PM

They pulled the fuse for a short time till they got the front tire out and were able to get inside the front passenger side wheel well. After removing that they unplugged the pump/motor and put the fuse back and I was able to take the car home that day. In 3-4 days when the part arrived Murray sent me a 2012 535 xi to swap with my car and when the car was fixed they brought my car to my house. I think that was great service. They had to re-load the computer again. Not sure if I am using the right terminology. Yes and I agree that it was a JBE Module. The pump was working but they changed it anyway just to be on the safe side. Thank you!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:03 PM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Welcome to the 'fest!

Sweet ride!

My old X3 has carried us to the Rocks several times (James Taylor, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, etc.). No better place on this green earth than Red Rocks to enjoy a concert of any genre. Also a couple of dirt road passes over the Divide.

Looks like Murray treated you well while getting the problem rectified.

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine

Last edited by Liverman; 04-11-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:55 PM

Yes Mr Bondy at Murray Motors is a classy guy. He even sent a box of Godiva chocolates wrapped in a gold wrap tied with a MB bow to my house! It was a extra touch that will take me back to that dealership.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbw440 View Post
Yes Mr Bondy at Murray Motors is a classy guy. He even sent a box of Godiva chocolates wrapped in a gold wrap tied with a MB bow to my house! It was a extra touch that will take me back to that dealership.
Throw away the MB bow and it was perfect

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine
Old 04-12-2013, 12:52 PM

Hi Greg-It was the Chocolates that I was after. The bow just matched the gold MB paper. They have both dealerships so probably they order with that brand. Looks like your car will be sweet. I have everything except I screwed up and did not order the Premium Sound.
Good chatting with you. Yes Red Rocks is a fine place for concerts. I have been there several times.
Have a great day!