Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 06-24-2004, 10:03 PM
Just Confused...

Mein Auto: 01 530i; 04 S2k; 94 Supra
Hotel Uhland Question

We would like to be close to the center of the city, yet stay in a nice place. The Uhland looks like a nice place. However, is it really a trip to the sites in Munich versus hotels like the Germania?

Thanks,

David

P.S.
We are staying just days before Oktoberfest, so we need to reserve immediately.
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2004, 10:38 PM
ZHPper

Mein Auto: 330ciZHP Mini Clubman VUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNJ
We would like to be close to the center of the city, yet stay in a nice place. The Uhland looks like a nice place. However, is it really a trip to the sites in Munich versus hotels like the Germania?

Thanks,

David

P.S.
David,
We stayed at the Hotel Torbrau and it was wonderful. 3 blocks from Marienplatz, good staff, nice rooms, secure parking and a really good Italian cafe in the place on a great corner to watch cars and people.. E160 a night but worth it for sure. Close to everything, I really recommend this place and I've done Munich before.
Woody
Old 06-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 335i M-Sport EB
Quote:

Thanks,

David

P.S.
If you stay at the Uhland you will be a block away from the Oktoberfest site and you can see them set it up Though the hotel is not in the mist of everything it is in a quiet residential neighorhood and within walking distance to the U-bahn station .
Old 06-25-2004, 01:43 AM

Mein Auto: 330i
Uhland is in a residential area and not in the Old Town itself. It is within a walking distance to the subway and definitely within walking distance (don't know where you come from the US) to the Old Town. We never took a train but walked. It will actually be very close to Octoberfest site. I highly recommend this hotel.
If you want to be in the heart of things than mentioned Hotel Torbrau seems like a good choice.
Any of these will be a better choice than those american chains that some people seem to prefer on their EUROPEAN voyage
If you want some luxury than I would pick at least some European chain like Kempinski. Their Vier Jahreszeiten is impressive and right off the old town area on a nice shopping street.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 530i
We stayed for 2 days at Hotel Uhland over Memorial day weekend and found it to be a great location- a 4 minute walk to the subway and a nice quiet area- With the subway so close and inexpensive we simply left the car in the parking lot until we left to go to Garmisch- I thought the price, service location and experience were excellent and if I am fortunate enough to ever do another European delivery I will go back to Uhland-
Old 06-25-2004, 08:27 AM
Just Confused...

I checked the Hotel Torbrau. It is unavailable on our dates and was double the cost of the Uhland. The difference is nearly the price of heated rear seats or about the cost of park distance sensors on a lease.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335is cabrio
Quote:
I checked the Hotel Torbrau. It is unavailable on our dates and was double the cost of the Uhland. The difference is nearly the price of heated rear seats or about the cost of park distance sensors on a lease.
Uhland, as others have said, is a quaint European-style hotel in close proximity to public transportation and the Oktoberfest grounds. Definitely a more reasonable pricetag too. Although given the parking at Uhland, you may need parking distance control! The parking places are ... snug....
Old 06-25-2004, 09:18 AM
IRIX Rocks!

Send a message via Yahoo to dlloyd1975
Mein Auto: 325iT Schlampenschlepper
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronimi
Uhland, as others have said, is a quaint European-style hotel in close proximity to public transportation and the Oktoberfest grounds. Definitely a more reasonable pricetag too. Although given the parking at Uhland, you may need parking distance control! The parking places are ... snug....

That's what the parking spots look like.

Uhland was one of the best hotels we stayed at, very friendly, family run, close to transportation and they had a great breakfast. Plus they have *excellent* bed there and the neighborhood is dead quiet at night.

The Shaggin' Wagon
2003 Gray Green 325iT, PP, SP, CW, HK, Sand 'Ette
Old 06-25-2004, 11:03 AM
Tree Stalker

Mein Auto: 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
A couple more Uhland pictures. Next time I'll stay at Torbrau, though, just to try something different.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UhlandPK1.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	32976   Click image for larger version

Name:	UhlandPK2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	32977  
Old 06-26-2004, 01:04 AM
Just Confused...

Made the Uhland reservation today. We have the park distance sensors now and on our new car. I love them.

Thanking everyone for their advice,

David
Old 06-27-2004, 10:18 AM

Mein Auto: '15 M3 (ED)
Quote:
Made the Uhland reservation today. We have the park distance sensors now and on our new car. I love them.

David
PDC is worth every penny if you are doing ED, not just at the Uhland, but almost everywhere you go. The Europeans do not like to waste space. And, I thought the Uhland was a great spot also. We spent 4 nights there last summer.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:25 PM

Mein Auto: ...
UHLAND, 6 nights last year. Wonderful Place.

I stay in hotels about 120+ nights per year all over North America.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 E46 S54
Where to find Hotel Uhland?

My fiancee (Jim H on these boards) and I are picking up a 3-series for our honeymoon. I thought I'd check out where people were staying in Munich and read through this thread. I tried to find the Hotel Uhland on Expedia.com and Travelocity.com with no luck. Could you please let me know if they take online reservations and where from?

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Just Confused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
My fiancee (Jim H on these boards) and I are picking up a 3-series for our honeymoon. I thought I'd check out where people were staying in Munich and read through this thread. I tried to find the Hotel Uhland on Expedia.com and Travelocity.com with no luck. Could you please let me know if they take online reservations and where from?

Thanks!
Hotel Uhland Link

They speak English, so you can just give then a phone call. Lots of pictures on the web site.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 E46 S54
Thanks

I speak German but it's always good to know they speak English if I get stuck
Old 07-22-2004, 12:10 PM

Mein Auto: 330i
Also Expedia/Travelocity in many cases will have higher prices than booking with the hotel directly so it is always good to check that before using their services. This was the case for my hotels in Italy and Switzerland.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i M-Sport EB
Quote:
Hotel Uhland Link

They speak English, so you can just give then a phone call. Lots of pictures on the web site.
I made my reservations via the e-mail link they provide on their site and they were very prompt in responding.