Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 Roadster, E86 Z4 Coupe, E85 Z4 M Roadster, and E86 Z4 M Coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:33 PM

Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe, 94 Q45
New Owner, M Coupe

Great forum you guys have here. I just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Wes, I took delivery of my 07 M coupe with 49k this past thursday. I was banking on the world ending so I figured, what the hell, I'll buy a new car... Well, the world didn't end so now I get to enjoy this little car. Got the car for 26k, which was good considering it was at a dealer. They delivered it to my house about 120 miles away for free, so all in all I can't complain. The car is pretty immaculate, they had it on the showroom floor and I couldn't find any rock chips on the front, and the seats don't look like they've been sat in. Seems to me this car was very well cared for.

I'd post pictures, but the car is pretty dirty right now.. All stock (for now), black on black.. Kind of depressing that I got the car and now it has to sit in the garage until March or April. I got off the phone with the local dealer to get the OEM car cover...

This winter I plan on deleting the CDV and bleeding the slave cylinder (pedal feels kinda mushy), and changing all the fluids, hopefully I'll be ready to roll next spring. The OEM continental are garbage, so I'll be putting some PS2's or something of that sort on there in the spring. I havent confirmed if the valves were adjusted, but when I go to the dealer I'll see if it was done under warranty at 25k-30k like it was supposed to be done. If not, then I'll do it over the winter as well.

A few years ago I had an old E28 I bought, fixed up, and resold for double my money after driving it for about 10k miles... That was a really cool car, it was a blast to drive despite it's 180HP and worn out suspension and steering. One thing I loved was how that little straight 6 sounded, and that's definitely one thing I like in this car.

My other car, daily driver is a 1994 Infiniti Q45. I was the first person to swap a 5-speed manual in those cars, and it's pretty highly modified..
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2012, 07:44 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Congrats!

I'd suggest Michelin Pilot Super Sports instead of the PS2s. These are currently one of the favorite replacement tires, especially for the M. With stock wheels most people go either 235 or 245/40-18 in the front and 265 or 275/35-18 in the rear.
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!

Old 12-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Forever Fast

Mein Auto: '06 M Coupe, '08 K12S
Congrats! Sounds great! And welcome to the 'fest.
2006 IBlue BMW Z4 MC (OZ spec) - ESS VT2-525 Supercharged, JRZ RS1 suspension (500#F, 600#R) with Vorshlag plates, ST Trophy BBK with CL R6E pads, KKS gated exhaust, TMS sway bars, RE rear camber arms, VT engine mounts, Recaro Pole Position (driver), APR GT wing, Street: Volk G2s and Potenza, Track: Volk TE37SLs and BFG R1s.