Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 12-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Allergic to Sushi

Mein Auto: BMW
European Delivery with holiday credit

Hi,
I recently went to the dealer and the dealer provided me a out-the-door price, which is ED invoice + sales tax + registration fees + documentation fee. The numbers are in good range.

However, the out-the-door price does not seem to include the holiday credit. On the Retail Worksheet that was provided to me with those numbers, A row that says "Customer Cash" does not show up $1000 for the holiday credit.

Lets say the out-the-door price is $47,000, so with $1000 holiday credit, it should be $46,000. In this case, would the $46,000 be the number to finance, or would it be $47,000 (assuming the dealer will send me $1000 check after the deal is done)?

Also, this CA requires me to deposit $1000. Is that necessary for everyone else? I would think they want a deposit so that I don't walk out on them after they have put the order in through Welt.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 550i
It is typical to pay a smaller deposit. If the dealer leaves something out and you sign the order you don't get it. Always check their math.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired
Old 12-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Can has cheezburger

Mein Auto: 550 M-Sport und i3
If you have questions about the holiday credit, you should ensure that you get a clear answer prior to signing anything. I know that just about all BMW "specials" have sunsets, so you should check your delivery date against that date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikiller View Post
Also, this CA requires me to deposit $1000. Is that necessary for everyone else? I would think they want a deposit so that I don't walk out on them after they have put the order in through Welt.
BMW NA does not require a deposit for an ED but many dealers do. Unless you already have a business relationship with this dealership, I wouldn't be concerned.

It is not unusual for a dealership to require a deposit for a custom ordered car.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:49 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
MY ED deal is ED invoice plus profit. Holiday Credit and Loyalty Cash is then subtracted from that amount.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)

Last edited by dunderhi; 12-24-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Allergic to Sushi

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
MY ED deal is ED invoice plus profit. Holiday Credit and Loyalty Cash is then subtracted from that amount.
So you mean the amount to finance = ED invoice + profit - $1000 holiday credit?