Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 09-05-2015, 06:23 AM

Mein Auto: F150, M3
New door lock actuator not working

Replaced door lock actuator last night. BMW part. Right front. Acts like it is not plugged in. Inside and outside handles work to open door and can manually lock the door, just won't lock or unlock electronically. Original unit would work slowly or not at all. Emailed OEMBimmerparts.com, where I purchased, they said most likely body control module. All other doors lock and unlock fine. Would a bad module cause only one door not to unlock? Also, my indy looked at it when front CV boots were replaced and thought it was bad actuator also. OEMBimmers.com said "near impossible" bad actuator out of box because "they are all tested by manufacture". I bought and installed a BMW fuel pump for my E46 and it failed in 7 seconds. Got a second one and it was fine.

Don't want to just keep throwing parts at it. Thoughts?
Old 09-05-2015, 11:20 AM

Mein Auto: F150, M3
Drove the car this AM and after a few stops, the lock started working, but the lock pin stayed in the up position. Took door apart again and found I did not have the unlock post lined up just right. It was sticking out of the door card, but needed to be slightly adjusted. Now the actuator is working fine. I post this to show my stupidity and to help anyone else that tackles this easy repair.
Cheers!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search