Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:57 PM

Mein Auto: 740iL e38
Question Rear seat headrests automatically adjusts

Hey all,

I currently own a 740Li E66 with S460A Comfort seat, rear, electr. adjustable.

The problem I am having is that when a passenger sits on the rear seat (either side) and he or she buckles the seat belt the headrests will automatically adjust to the highest position. The passenger will have to either manually adjust or press the seat memory (1 /2) button to put the headrests down. I have not sure if this feature is to prevent head leash injury in an accident because the headrests is too high up.

So I am wondering if this automatically adjust feature can be turned off maybe update the SM with the latest Daten v41 ? I have tried the following:

1. used NCS expert/ dummy to look through FAH (REAR DRIVER SEAT), BFH (REAR PASSENGER SEAT) = nothing
2. searched google = nothing

Just to give a brief background on my ability that may possibly assist in this topic; I have setup and used:

1. INPA v5.0.2
2. WinKFP (E65 V41 Daten Files installed): All my modules still contain ZB version on the factory with only CDC which is updated because the CD changer keep on getting stuck which the update fixed it.
3. DIS v57
4. NCS-Expert + NCS Dummy
4. Progman v32 ( )

Many thanks in advance,

Kevin.

Last edited by kevin1085; 03-18-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Ads by Google