Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 12-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A car
I don't do this.. but I had to....

I don't normally ask for things from festers - and I'm not doing this lightly - or because I think I am doing anything wrong - if I am - mods, please delete.

I am asking for thoughts and prayers for my next door neighbors 6 y/o grandson - he has been diagnosed with a form of bone cancer in his arm. He is 6. This is a fairly advanced cancer in his arm - one of the BEST case scenarios involves him keeping his arm, but getting a metal brace which will need adusting throughout his life to adjust the length of his arm... that is one of the best cases. Next best will be him losing the arm. Yeah... that's the next best. I don't need to explain there are much worse scenarios - but I am asking you as festers, parents and compassionate individuals to pray and think positive thoughts for 6 y/o Blake as he goes through his treatments.

Thank you and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas - I wish you and your families good health and good fortune for the rest of 2012 and throughout the New Year.

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Ads by Google
Old 12-24-2012, 07:51 PM

Mein Auto: Tahoe, 750I
Thank you for your post, he will be in my prayers

Sent from my EVO using Bimmer App
Old 12-24-2012, 08:35 PM

Mein Auto: 330i, Mazda6, R90/6 R60/5
What does he need? Money, support, how can we help???
Old 12-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: Fiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic521 View Post
Thank you for your post, he will be in my prayers
Ditto. So sorry to hear this.

St. Jude's is a favorite charity.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:56 AM

Mein Auto: A car
Thank you all . I will ask her if there is anything - of course we offered yesterday when we found out and she said no. But she lost here husband to the big C and that is how 6 yrs ago she came to buy next to us (downsizing and moving closer to family) - this grandson and his family are out if state - I think she said Arizona - it is a bit if a blur to be honest.

We will talk tomorrow at the latest I hope - she has house guests as her other son's family is here from California (the son is deployed in the Middle East out of Coronado).

Thank you again. Enjoy your Christmas and hung your families - think and pray for Blake!

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:47 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3, 1997 Chevy truck,
The Patron Saint of those suffering from cancer. A powerful intercessor.

Dear St. Peregrine, I need your help. I feel so uncertain of my life right now. This serious illness makes me long for a sign of God's love. Help me to imitate your enduring faith when you faced the ugliness of cancer and surgery. Allow me to trust the Lord the way you did in this moment of distress. I want to be cured, but right now I ask God for the strength to bear the cross in my life. I seek the power to proclaim God's presence in my life despite the hardship, anguish and fear I now experience.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
So sorry to hear about Blake's cancer. I'll be thinking about him and his mom and pray for strength and comfort during this difficult time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 12-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyb View Post
I don't normally ask for things from festers - and I'm not doing this lightly - or because I think I am doing anything wrong - if I am - mods, please delete.

I am asking for thoughts and prayers for my next door neighbors 6 y/o grandson - he has been diagnosed with a form of bone cancer in his arm. He is 6. This is a fairly advanced cancer in his arm - one of the BEST case scenarios involves him keeping his arm, but getting a metal brace which will need adusting throughout his life to adjust the length of his arm... that is one of the best cases. Next best will be him losing the arm. Yeah... that's the next best. I don't need to explain there are much worse scenarios - but I am asking you as festers, parents and compassionate individuals to pray and think positive thoughts for 6 y/o Blake as he goes through his treatments.

Thank you and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas - I wish you and your families good health and good fortune for the rest of 2012 and throughout the New Year.
I'll do that.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Thoughts and prayers are with you.

- J.C. Watts Jr.