Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Motorsports, Racing & Track

Motorsports, Racing & Track
From Formula One to Auto-X, discuss everything related to going fast here...

Old 07-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Awesome power!

Mein Auto: 2007 Alpin Weiss 335ci
*+*+*SPOILER*+*+*Time to rumble at Hockenheim

Looking for a better result out of the the Bimmer Power team.

2007 BMW 335ci, Alpin Weiss, saddle brown, SP, PP (tree trim), Step, hot seats. Mod free. As pictured: on SSR GT1s with Goodyear F1s. AKA "White Lightnin'"
2012 Mini Cooper Hardtop S in chili red with white mirrors, top and racing stripes. AKA "Big Red S."
Euro Delivery pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/berford/GermanyAndSwitzerland2007?authkey=uGnlSSrqMTY
Ads by Google
Old 07-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Keep looking.

-
Old 07-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Butting back in

Mein Auto: GS500F
Look next year.

I'm looking at Mercedes, BAR and Renault. They've all made lunges this year, but none of them have pulled out strong yet.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Yep.

This will be a FIAT party. They will clinch the constructor's championship and in two races, the driver's championship. That ought to put everyone to sleep until February of next year.

Wow. Fun.

-
Old 07-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Butting back in

Mein Auto: GS500F
As long as the cameras do not spend all of their time on the getawaywithanythingmobiles, it will be fun to watch.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:19 PM
95NU>*

Mein Auto: '04 Imola/Cinn M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by berford
Looking for a better result out of the the Bimmer Power team.
FW27
Old 07-22-2004, 12:43 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
This is the lamest and most boring Formula One Grand Prix SPOILER thread in the history of the motorsports forum.

I suppose it accurately reflects the current situation in Formula One.

Maybe I should start bashing Spoonface again to bring some life to this thread ...

Well, anyway.

-
Old 07-22-2004, 07:17 AM
Awesome power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick 520iAT
...lamest ....

I suppose it accurately reflects the current situation in Formula One.

-
you got that right

2007 BMW 335ci, Alpin Weiss, saddle brown, SP, PP (tree trim), Step, hot seats. Mod free. As pictured: on SSR GT1s with Goodyear F1s. AKA "White Lightnin'"
2012 Mini Cooper Hardtop S in chili red with white mirrors, top and racing stripes. AKA "Big Red S."
Euro Delivery pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/berford/GermanyAndSwitzerland2007?authkey=uGnlSSrqMTY
Old 07-22-2004, 08:39 AM
I reject your reality

Mein Auto: 02 Trulli-Leopard
I think Kimi may change that sentiment this weekend!

(I hope. Man, it's got to be bad if I'm pulling for Mumbles to be #1 in the interview room on Sunday...)
Old 07-22-2004, 09:24 AM
95NU>*

Mein Auto: '04 Imola/Cinn M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdave
I think Kimi may change that sentiment this weekend!

(I hope. Man, it's got to be bad if I'm pulling for Mumbles to be #1 in the interview room on Sunday...)
Anything that disrupts the status quo will be great, even if it is McLaren. Someone, anyone, needs to get a car set up that can really challenge the F2004 so that we can really see how good Spoonface is when he's under some pressure.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:50 AM
M Mad

Mein Auto: M Roadster/M3
Sorry, but this year, and even the past couple of years, IMO, have had some of the greatest RACING in F1 in a LONG time. Maybe not for first, but within the pack for points positions, there have been some awesome dices.

If all you care about is who wins, then either become a Ferrari fan, or just guess that they won, you will be more right than wrong.

'95 Alpine M3 LTW
'00 Dakar M Roadster
'02 Topaz M3
Red/White SRF #4 (Chassis 561)
Old 07-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Awesome power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone
Sorry, but this year, and even the past couple of years, IMO, have had some of the greatest RACING in F1 in a LONG time. Maybe not for first, but within the pack for points positions, there have been some awesome dices.

If all you care about is who wins, then either become a Ferrari fan, or just guess that they won, you will be more right than wrong.
Just wait til Patrick wakes up and sees this. Rumble, rumble.

Old 07-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by berford
Just wait til Patrick wakes up and sees this. Rumble, rumble.
Well, I am still awake (just watched the sun set at 23.20) and I did read Terry's post earlier this evening.

Maybe North America gets a live feed that shows something other than what we get in Europe - I have missed the dicing. Or then we go to commercial breaks at the absolute wrong time, i.e., when P12 is holding up P13, P14. P15, P16 and then P11 has an engine failure that is really exciting. Or not.

IMHO, this has been a season of nothing happening. The most excitement that I have received from this season has been from reading Edmund Irvine's F1 column - now that is entertaining. And, the suggestion of becoming a Ferrari fan makes me see red. I will not cave in.

Right. Well, I am really looking forward to this weekend's race. I hope that Chrysler can bring on some drama that makes it interesting!

BTW, did anyone catch Alonso's comments about Ralf?

-
Old 07-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Quote:
....makes me see red. -
See, it's working
Old 07-22-2004, 02:23 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Gets the red out.

-
Old 07-22-2004, 05:10 PM
I reject your reality

So what were Alonso's comments?
Old 07-22-2004, 08:03 PM
Awesome power!

Quote:
Gets the red out.

-

Old 07-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
German GP - Practice
07/23/2004

Weather: Dry, sunny, hot. Temp: 32-34°C Air, 50-54°C Track, 40-45 % Humidity
Hockenheim (GER). On the first day of the German Grand Prix weekend, the BMW WilliamsF1 Team put in a good performance with drivers Juan Pablo Montoya and Antonio Pizzonia setting the 3rd and 5th fastest times respectively in today's Free Practice session. The twenty-three year old Brazilian is standing in for the convalescing Ralf Schumacher, and has replaced Marc Gené who raced in the French and British Grands Prix. Ralf will visit the team in Hockenheim tomorrow after five weeks of absence from the F1 paddock.

Juan Pablo Montoya:
First session: 9th 1.16. 795 min
Second session: 3rd 1.15.167min
Chassis: FW26 07 (Spare car FW26 05)
It was a good day. I had some small problems in the morning but the afternoon session was a lot better. The car was much more stable than usual but I made a mistake when I went out on my first set of new tyres and I could not take advantage of them. We managed to do a couple of good long runs so I believe we are looking pretty good for the rest of the weekend.

Antonio Pizzonia:
First session: 10th 1.16.845 min
Second session: 5th 1.15.470 min
Chassis: FW26 06
We had two productive sessions today. As it was the first time I've driven at Hockenheim in a Formula One car, I spent most of the time getting to know the secrets of the track, and how the FW26 behaves around this circuit. When I raced here in F3000 I really liked the circuit and once I finished in first - on the old circuit, which is a good omen. We will have to wait and see what qualifying will bring tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to a good session. It's good to be racing again and I must say thanks to the team for having offered me this great opportunity.

Sam Michael (Technical Director, WilliamsF1):
We have had a productive first day with both drivers working through our normal race set-up and tyre evaluations, neither driver suffered mechanical problems. Normally it is difficult to change race drivers but Antonio has adapted quickly and did a good job on his first day. Once again, we have brought some new aerodynamic and suspension parts to this race and they are working well here.

Mario Theissen (BMW Motorsport Director):
We have had two good sessions today, with Juan and Antonio running through their set-up programme as scheduled. Antonio got along well with the car from his very first lap here. Friday's lap times do not mean much usually, but I have to say it looks like four to five teams are very close together here.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:20 AM
I reject your reality

Pretty close at the top -- but it's Friday.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:53 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Know-It-All
You guys hear the rumors about Eddie Jordan blocking Heidfeld's test drive and a possible seat in a William for this race/remainder of the year?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=10

-
Old 07-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '08 E92 M3/'11 X6 3.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Know-It-All
Williams seems to have practice and qualifying pace this year but no race pace.

You guys hear the rumors about Eddie Jordan blocking Heidfeld's test drive and a possible seat in a William for this race/remainder of the year?
It's pretty clear that Eddie is out for himself not Nick.

SteveT
2008 E92 M3 - SSII/Fox Red
2011X6 3.5 - AW/Red/Alcantara/Leather
BMW CCA
Old 07-24-2004, 06:51 AM

Mein Auto: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone

Old 07-24-2004, 07:01 AM

Mein Auto: 325i
Sorry, hit the button to soon. Anyway, I must have memory loss because I don't remember too many great dices. A couple banzai moves by Sato livened things up, but the current state of F1 is horrible. When Michael can win from sixth on the grid or with a four stop strategy, without passing any cars speaks volumes. Even he said they went for a four stopper because stopping three times would result in having to pass too many cars on track. I'm getting to the point where the only excitement left for me is qualifying and I hate the new format.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:25 AM
I reject your reality

Kinda what I was thinking... what scraps? I don't remember any Montoya-Kimi side-by-side duels or anything like that. Maybe running close to one another, but not dices.

Hopefully Monty (not counting on it) can jump MS at the start...
Old 07-24-2004, 07:43 AM

Mein Auto: '08 E92 M3/'11 X6 3.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdave
Kinda what I was thinking... what scraps? I don't remember any Montoya-Kimi side-by-side duels or anything like that. Maybe running close to one another, but not dices.

Hopefully Monty (not counting on it) can jump MS at the start...
The most side-by-side Kimi has done up to now has been with the wrecker after a blown engine. It still looks like McLaren has turned down the RPM to get reliability and save the engine. Having said that, they have made a big improvement. Now, to get MS they've got to apply more stress somewhere and we'll see what gives and if they do apply the stress. Williams is sort of an unknown. It's true their race pace hasn't been the same as qualifying, but they appear to have made some progress also. Apparently they ran some untested parts in England. That's got to be unusual.

The more teams who can move towards the front the more pressure on Michael and the less he can reduce the stress on his engine, the more he work has to do. If he wins under pressure so be it.

SteveT
2008 E92 M3 - SSII/Fox Red
2011X6 3.5 - AW/Red/Alcantara/Leather
BMW CCA