Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Genieone1 Genieone1 is offline
Registered User
Location: nj
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 2004 X5 3.0
Radio reception

I'm new to the forums. I just took ownership of my new 2004 X5 3.0. However I've found that the radio stations that my old Honda got clearly are not as clear in my X5. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, are there any solutions, upgrades?? Thanks for any feedback.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 07-20-2004, 12:40 PM
samlee4444's Avatar
samlee4444 samlee4444 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 123
Mein Auto: 2004 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genieone1
I'm new to the forums. I just took ownership of my new 2004 X5 3.0. However I've found that the radio stations that my old Honda got clearly are not as clear in my X5. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, are there any solutions, upgrades?? Thanks for any feedback.

I used to have a Honda too, but now have a 2004-330ci and my radio reception S-U-C-K-S in comparison. The most annoying part is when I'm listening to AM and I go under a bridge or underpass and i get a loud ass buzzing sound, whereas my Honda used to have a soft hissing that was much easier on the ear.

They really need to do something about this...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-30-2004, 10:36 PM
rshankar rshankar is offline
Registered User
Location: Fremont, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 24
Mein Auto: 2001 X5 3.0
Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by samlee4444
I used to have a Honda too, but now have a 2004-330ci and my radio reception S-U-C-K-S in comparison. The most annoying part is when I'm listening to AM and I go under a bridge or underpass and i get a loud ass buzzing sound, whereas my Honda used to have a soft hissing that was much easier on the ear.

They really need to do something about this...

My AM reception is sucky too. I get this buzz which tends to get more high pitched as I accelerate. My FM is not much better either. The tech I took it to said that it was due to the fact that my antenna was in the rear window glass and the glass was tinted... go figure
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Genieone1 Genieone1 is offline
Registered User
Location: nj
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 2004 X5 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshankar
My AM reception is sucky too. I get this buzz which tends to get more high pitched as I accelerate. My FM is not much better either. The tech I took it to said that it was due to the fact that my antenna was in the rear window glass and the glass was tinted... go figure
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Genieone1 Genieone1 is offline
Registered User
Location: nj
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 2004 X5 3.0
Thanks, for the info hopefully they can provide a solution for this.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms