Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 12-25-2012, 08:01 PM

Mein Auto: 08 550i
Just got my 08 550i Sport

Hello! Just got my 08 550i with Sport package. Such a beautiful beast. I noticed the rims has the M designation and was wondering if an M license plate frame will match my car or should I stick with a BMW license frame plate? Appreciate your opinion on this.
Ads by Google
Old 12-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70 X5/E60 528i
congrats on the new car man, put some pics up lets see her the 550's are amazing machines.

The license plate frame with the///M logo should be left for M cars IMO, but is a matter of preference i guess...
Old 12-26-2012, 01:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i, 1997 Dodge Ram
IMO, don't "add" anything with an M logo to your car. Just enjoy it for what it is...which is an AMAZING car!

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your new car!!!

Last edited by gcvt; 12-26-2012 at 01:48 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
IMO, don't "add" anything with an M logo to your car. Just enjoy it for what it is...which is an AMAZING car!

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your new car!!!
What he says.^^^^^^^

Congrats on your new to you car. They are awesome machines. Enjoy it!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Gap Filler for a M6 GC?!?

Mein Auto: '10 550i M-Sport
Congratulations and welcome.

& + 1 on the don't add anything addition ///M badged on the car.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:35 AM

Thanks for all your opinions and will follow this very sound advice. What's a good add/mod to the car? Is there a sticky on this topic?
Old 12-28-2012, 01:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 550i, 6spd MT
Damn i love this car !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberneo View Post
Thanks for all your opinions and will follow this very sound advice. What's a good add/mod to the car? Is there a sticky on this topic?

I have an 07 sport 6sp MT and love it..congrats. I agree with everyone...leave off the //M badging; its certainly not a V10, and you'll get laughed at by people who know better.

1. Well, you have the sport, so you should already have the 172 style wheels, which are my personal favorites, if not thats my first recommendation.

2. Exhaust mods: I dont know about you, but I like a V8 to have some grunt, so I am activly looking to upgrade...if you have the cash, get the Meistershaft Exhaust from Gthaus.com $2000

3. Front bumper cover is pretty plain, I recommend getting the M5; you can also add a splitter then too for more sporty look.

4. ACS (AC Schnitzer) rear spoiler; this looks really sweet...pictures dont do it justice! Its like $700 if you buy authentic; however, after trying 2 aftermarket spoilers by different companies, the 3rd one fit and looked the best! I actually bought it on Ebay for about $100..painted! just search ebay for the user/company bmwchop168 . They're from taiwan or something. they said 14+ days to ship, but I got it in like 4...not sure how, but no joke!!! i was really skeptical, but they're great!!!!!

5. Angel eye upgrade to zenon...$35 (ebay motoringmax); they're only 3Watt...I recommend getting brighter if you can...they were a pain in the ass to install the first time. Scratched my bumper removing the headlight, and physically took like 2 hours to get the LED's to install right...this was simply a pain..not sure I'd do it again, but it does look great. I don't recommend the company I purchased them from...the LED frame didn't screw on quite right, and was wobbly..and would have fallen out already if I didn't rig it. The company did offer to swap out or give money back. BAVAuto does have a pair, but they cost considerably more; $150 I think.

6. Carbon air filter; free, just tear the sucker out. I haven't really heard anyone say anything negative about this and free's up the air flow. Asside from that though, I'd upgrade to the dinan airbox...its $1000, but you get some added HP out of it.

7. M5 side skirts...they look sporty; I haven't installed, but its on my list, and can be done for less than $300 installed (by you); looks easy though!

I have much much more, I could mention..most of which I have yet to do myself. You get what you pay for for the most part...ok, so Dinan is overpriced, we all now it..haha. I'd make a list of parts you want to buy...don't be afraid of ebay, but obviously be careful of rip offs or cheap aftermarket junk!

lastly, PM me if you have any comments/questions...I really enjoy my car and planning for new mods...I'm happy to help you too! I'll even give my cell number via email if you want to exchange ideas!...offer stands for anyone reading this as well.

Duane
Old 01-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mein Auto: E63 650i
I personally would not put M stuff on a non M car.... a 550i is no joke on its one... don't make it a wannabe! (IMHO)

| Bimmerzone.com | 1-800-357-7797 | info@bimmerzone.com | 831 Lincoln Ave, Suite 3, West Chester PA 19380 |

Video about Bimmerzone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me5pjPS88Bw

We are proud to be Authorized Dealers for: Sprint Booster, Peake Research, Eisenmann Exhaust, Hartge, RPI Exhaust, AutoEnginuity, Bentley Publishers, Zymol, P21S, PowerFlex USA, Brembo GT, KW, Hawk and much more!!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:10 AM

I 2nd the previous notion..
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 PM
New to BMW

Mein Auto: 2006 550i
GCVT - (Not to threadjack) - What on earth do you use on your car?! That thing looks like my girl could style her hair and do her makeup in the reflection on that thing!