Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:13 PM

Mein Auto: Chevrolet Tahoe
Is $5K below INVOICE a good deal on a 2013 335i Coupe ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmunjr View Post
She's picking up the car today, and she talked them down to $43K so over $8K below invoice... I don't know how but I'm impressed. Perhaps these cars are way over-priced to begin with...? I'm thinking about seeing what they have in a manual or in an is or M3...
Sounds like she got an excellent deal. The lowest reported price I could find on an MY13 335i Coupe was $42,385 (reported price is at: http://www.voiceofthedriver.com/node/69961)

I'd take her deal and run w/ it. Hard to get a current model year vehicle (regardless of model/trim level) $8K below invoice.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 PM

Mein Auto: Nissan GT-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshe47 View Post
Sounds like she got an excellent deal. The lowest reported price I could find on an MY13 335i Coupe was $42,385 (reported price is at: http://www.voiceofthedriver.com/node/69961)

I'd take her deal and run w/ it. Hard to get a current model year vehicle (regardless of model/trim level) $8K below invoice.
Actually, I misunderstood her. $45750 + TTL for the car. MSRP $55,795/Invoice $51,305

That voice of the driver site is not working. No matter what I search for it displays nothing...weird.

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by the bmw-est View Post
all true, though i certainly do appreciate your proper use of commas and the absence of split infinitives in your post. Well done, sir.

Name:  Formal Smiley.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  2.2 KB
Old 12-28-2012, 12:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
Quote:
I'll let you know after she takes delivery.
Doesn't matter, I saw you lived in Houston. Not interested.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:59 AM

Mein Auto: Chevrolet Tahoe
Quote:
Actually, I misunderstood her. $45750 + TTL for the car. MSRP $55,795/Invoice $51,305

That voice of the driver site is not working. No matter what I search for it displays nothing...weird.

Thanks!
I'm sorry I posted a link that was inop for you, I checked the link again and it worked for me, maybe it's a browser issue?

The link just showed a consumer reported they got that deal at bill Jacobs BMW in Naperville, IL
Old 12-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:

Thanks!
Congrats to your friend. That's a very good deal. She may be a first rate negotiator, but I can assure you to get a deal like that there was manufacturer to dealer incentive cash involved that allowed the dealer to go that low on the price.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 12-29-2012, 03:15 AM

Deal is done, car has been purchased. $45,750... Bastards kept trying to charge $99 for nitrogen...then realized it didn't have it(special valve stems they said were not there lol), then still tried to charge for it. Then despite having flawless credit they tried to give her a 3.59% rate even though BMW advertises 3.29%. They honored that and said they were making an exception. Of course they added in some documentation fee and an inventory tax. What crocks of ****. At that point we were so annoyed with all these little things added in we left it alone fearing they'd cancel the deal lol... I'm sure that wouldn't have happened but this is the second BMW dealership in Houston that has given me a bad taste in my mouth. The GM was cool at this one today but everyone else was shady..

Thanks again for everyone's input.

Oh, I drove the M3 coupe today with the dual clutch and damn that is a fun car to drive. I have a Nissan GT-R which isn't nearly as fun on the streets. I track it a lot on various road courses (doing COTA in two weeks!) and that's where the GT-R shines..
Old 12-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Deal is done, car has been purchased. $45,750... Bastards kept trying to charge $99 for nitrogen...then realized it didn't have it(special valve stems they said were not there lol), then still tried to charge for it. Then despite having flawless credit they tried to give her a 3.59% rate even though BMW advertises 3.29%. They honored that and said they were making an exception. Of course they added in some documentation fee and an inventory tax. What crocks of ****. At that point we were so annoyed with all these little things added in we left it alone fearing they'd cancel the deal lol... I'm sure that wouldn't have happened but this is the second BMW dealership in Houston that has given me a bad taste in my mouth. The GM was cool at this one today but everyone else was shady..

Thanks again for everyone's input.

Oh, I drove the M3 coupe today with the dual clutch and damn that is a fun car to drive. I have a Nissan GT-R which isn't nearly as fun on the streets. I track it a lot on various road courses (doing COTA in two weeks!) and that's where the GT-R shines..
In Texas the Inventory Tax is a legitimate tax that varies from county to county. Texas no longer limits the dealer documentation fee, however, if a dealer wants to charge more than $125 they have to submit justification to the state for the amount they want to charge and get approval. Most dealers don't bother and just stick with the $125 limit.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 01-03-2013, 10:16 PM
'Fest Advisor

Mein Auto: BMWs and other fine cars
Quote:
I've always wondered what the GTR is like to live with daily. I didn't get it because the back seats are not functional for real people. So would you get a 335 coupe manual, M3 manual, M3 DCT, or GTR DCT as your daily driver regardless of price and price inclusive?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 PM

based on my limited experience driving the dct m3 it's pic it for a DD but I might go for the stick. my gtr is one of the first 2009s. the newer ones are more civil