Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 12-26-2012, 04:47 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Current Special Offers

I have some questions about the Special Offers from BMW that are currently available. Until Jan. 2 we have the Loyalty Cash and Holiday credit available. At this time I have ordered the car and received a copy of the Vehicle Inquiry report. We also have confirmation of the delivery date, check in time, and delivery time for the car. From my sig you can see that the delivery date is set for April 23rd of next year.

Tomorrow we will go to the dealership to complete the P.O. Document with our passports in hand. My sales adviser has informed me that since these offers are only good through Jan. 2 they can not be applied to our sale. Is he right about this?

Also, if in case the offers can be applied to the sale, I can't find any information as to what qualifies one as a "returning buyer" for the Loyalty Cash. In our case we purchased an '06 5er for ED deliver in October of '05 but sold it about 2-1/2 years ago.

At this point I'm really looking for answers from people "in the know," and not for speculative answers, as good intentioned as they might be. Thanks in advance.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
Ads by Google
Old 12-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 528, CTS
I'm not "in the know" but you should know that the BMW lock period lasts 60 days on the East coast from the end of month. So these offers last until March 3rd, and being that you are picking up your car on April 23rd...why, yes, your salesman is right.

Now, if you really want to lock these year end specials and use them for your ED, here are 2 options:

1) Lock now and sign some time in late February when the car goes into production and you get a legit VIN #. You'll be making 2 months of payments in the mean time.

2) Hurry up and scratch your deal and go with a West Coast dealer who can lock for 90 days. You'll only have ~1 month of payments before you actually see your car.

Or just wait and see what spring brings.

Can't help on what loyalty "means" but you shouldn't worry about it because BMW always changes their incentives with the new year and I wouldn't be surprised if the language changes or they do away with it entirely (like they did with the better loyalty program last year).
Old 12-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lined View Post
I'm not "in the know" but you should know that the BMW lock period lasts 60 days on the East coast from the end of month. So these offers last until March 3rd, and being that you are picking up your car on April 23rd...why, yes, your salesman is right............

Or just wait and see what spring brings.

Can't help on what loyalty "means" but you shouldn't worry about it because BMW always changes their incentives with the new year and I wouldn't be surprised if the language changes or they do away with it entirely (like they did with the better loyalty program last year).
Thanks for your input! It seem that option "3," though not numbered as such, "See what spring brings," will be our best option.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
Old 12-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 535i - ED May 2013
I also am thinking about rolling the dice. There will be a 0.6% price increase on all BMW models on Jan. 3rd. So in my case I will be paying a little over $300 more for my car if I wait until after Jan. 3rd. I can't decide whether to wait or try and get my order in before the end of the year.