BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2005 2litre

Z4 
1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SC2003Z4 
#1 ·
Hello,

I bought a Z4 in July and since then I have taken it back a few times for the same reasons.

1. Water is getting trapped under drivers side - I can hear the water swooshing when I brake, is this a know fault? The garage where I bought it claim it is because I park near a tree?

2. Airbag warning light - it just stays on the first time I took it back the mechanic said it was passenger seat sensor and this light can come on if you move your seat? I'm pretty sure BMW would not design a car where if you move your seat the light comes on. Again is this a known fault?

Please help

Thanks

#2 ·
2. Airbag warning light - it just stays on the first time I took it back the mechanic said it was passenger seat sensor and this light can come on if you move your seat? I'm pretty sure BMW would not design a car where if you move your seat the light comes on. Again is this a known fault?

Please help

Thanks
This is a known fault which showed up on many of our Z4's here in the states. I was fortunate that it showed up under warranty and BMW replaced it. It can be fixed, via replacement. I have no idea what that would cost.

#3 ·
It is a rather common issue...at least I hear a lot of people complaining about it. Replacing the sensor requires removing the seat and pulling it apart(upholstery) I hear it's costly.

Has anyone here used a Seat sensor Bypass? They sell them online and fix the issue(Airbag-light will still have to be reset). The only difference is the Airbags will deploy on passenger side even if nobody is sitting there during a wreck. Cheap fix and much better than riding with Airbag light on, which will prevent airbag system from deploying at all(from what indy mechanic told me).

If anyone has used a sensor bypass please give us some feedbak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.