Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 12-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 MT
In praise of rain sensing wipers

I'm traveling this week and Hertz gave me a Nissan Altima. There's blustery rain, sometimes hard, sometimes barely there, and I find myself constantly adjusting the speed of the intermittent wipers.

Makes me really appreciate the rain sensor wipers! We had a similar storm in the Bay Area last week, and I could keep both hands on the wheel, not one on the wiper controls.

Maybe a minor thing, but the little things add up.
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2012, 08:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 X3 2.5i
Yes, rain sensing wipers ain't perfect but they beat manual or regular intermittent wipers hands down.

Another foul weather friend is the small mud flap ahead of the rear wheels to keep crud thrown up by your front wheels away from the rear disc brakes.
(More and more cars have them now, but Saab, Volvo and BMW started fitting them decades ago.)

I also attach importance to a properly sized "dead pedal", especially when you have to do some serious braking. Some cars hardly have one at all.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:32 PM

Mein Auto: X3
+1.

Every time I get behind the wheel of my wife's $40k VW minivan without them in the rain...especially on the long drive to LA...I complain!

They aren't perfect but they are darn nice to have.

Last edited by x3brian; 12-26-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
I wonder why American and Japanese carmakers are loathe to make this feature available on their lower-end vehicles. Almost every European car has this available as an option (at least in Europe). It's one of my favourite safety and convenience features.