Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:12 AM

Mein Auto: X6
Need help on coding.

I have a 2015 X6 and just started coding. Everything went right the first time but on my second attempt, I bombed. My laptop suddenly went to sleep in the middle of writing a code back and I got a bunch of error messages. Now when I rebooted to load the VO and read ECU again, I only see one, which is the ACSM module I just wrote to earlier. Am I screwed?

I did however save the original VO/SVT files and when I load them I see all the ECUs. Is there any way for me to save the originals back to the car?

Last edited by kleen3r; 07-03-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleen3r View Post
I have a 2015 X6 and just started coding. Everything went right the first time but on my second attempt, I bombed. My laptop suddenly went to sleep in the middle of writing a code back and I got a bunch of error messages. Now when I rebooted to load the VO and read ECU again, I only see one, which is the ACSM module I just wrote to earlier. Am I screwed?

I did however save the original VO/SVT files and when I load them I see all the ECUs. Is there any way for me to save the originals back to the car?
Are you saying ACSM is the only ECU in your SVT or you mean your ACSM ECU only has 1 CAFD instead of 3 like it is supposed to?

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 07-04-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Are you saying ACSM is the only ECU in your SVT or you mean your ACSM ECU only has 1 CAFD instead of 3 like it is supposed to?
ACSM was the only ECU showing in the SVT. I have since uninstalled/reinstalled everything and can now see all the ECUs. However, I am now having issues with the trimmed data where I only see dots in the parameter names. I am using E-Sys 3.24.3, Esys launcher premium 2.07. Also having issues where it takes forever to read the ECU data. For some reason, just the ACSM module works with no issues. I can read and code fine. All the other modules gets hung when trying to read so I have to unplug the cable and start over. After doing so, I can the read fine. But when I go to edit, I just see dots in the string names.

I tried using PSdZData lite versions 55.4 and 56.0. I will now try to download the full PSdZData.

Last edited by kleen3r; 07-04-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleen3r View Post
ACSM was the only ECU showing in the SVT. I have since uninstalled/reinstalled everything and can now see all the ECUs. However, I am now having issues with the trimmed data where I only see dots in the parameter names. I am using E-Sys 3.24.3, Esys launcher premium 2.07. Also having issues where it takes forever to read the ECU data. For some reason, just the ACSM module works with no issues. I can read and code fine. All the other modules gets hung when trying to read so I have to unplug the cable and start over. After doing so, I can the read fine. But when I go to edit, I just see dots in the string names.

I tried using PSdZData lite versions 55.4 and 56.0. I will now try to download the full PSdZData.
Full version won't make any difference, so you will download 40 Gb for nothing.

Reading ECU's with E-Sys Launcher is a slow process due to the mapping, and if PC has limited Java memory, it will take an even longer time.

As for Trimmed CAFD Data, do you read and follow this note:

* NOTE: E-Sys Launcher Car Series MUST be set to exactly match the car's chassis type you are coding (e.g. F01, F06, F07, F10, F12, F15, F25, F30, F82, F83, etc.). If after install it defaults to F999 and it cannot be changed, change PC Date ahead 4 days, then change E-Sys Launcher Car Series, then change PC Date back to current date. DO NOT craete .EST Token and PIN with PC Date advanced 4 days as the Validity Start Date for the token will be 4 days in the future.

So for X6:

E-Sys Launcher Car Series = F16
E-Sys Connection Target = F25

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 07-04-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:57 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Will try again later and let you know if those settings work.

EDIT: Everything seems to be working now. Thanks Shawn for the links and your help.

Last edited by kleen3r; 07-04-2015 at 04:15 PM.