Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 328ix GT
Can you disable the KEYFOB TRUNK OPEN?

Wondering if there is a setting for this?

I had an incident where somehow the fob got pushed in my pocket or laying around the house and opened the trunk while car in garagee (detached). Tight fit in there and when I opened garage door it scraped the open truck on it's way up (rectangular panels encroach the diagonal of the arc it travels). So I'd like to just disable the open trunk via key fob. I saw a setting for duration of press and I suppose I could make that REALLY long but I'd love to have NO CHANCE of this happening again! And besides I just kick my foot under the car to open the trunk....
Old 04-27-2014, 12:15 AM

Did a little digging and found some settings in FEMBODY:

30D0 RemoteControl,13
-Funktionen
-RC_DEFAULT_IDG_3RD_BUTTON_SHORT
-Kommentar=Action to be taken, if 3rd button of IDG (3 or 4 button IDG) is pressed for short time

(t less than RC_TIME_DELAY_BOOTLID=500ms). ~ Possible values: ~ 0=no action ~ 1=preparing functionality ("Beladefunktion") ~ 2=opening lid 1 (Bootlid) ~ 3=panic alarm ~ ......

-RC_DEFAULT_IDG_3RD_BUTTON_MID
-Kommentar=Action to be taken, if 3rd button of IDG (3 or 4 button IDG) is pressed for medium duration time
(RC_TIME_DELAY_BOOTLID less than t less than RC_TIME_DELAY_PANIC). ~ Possible values: ~ 0=no action ~ 1=preparing functionality ("Beladefunktion") ~ 2=opening lid 1 (Bootlid) ~ 3=panic alarm ~ ......

-RC_DEFAULT_IDG_3RD_BUTTON_LONG
-Kommentar=Action to be taken, if 3rd button of IDG (3 or 4 button IDG) is pressed for long time (t>RC_TIME_DELAY_PANIC=2000ms).
~ Possible values: ~ 0=no action ~ 1=preparing functionality ("Beladefunktion") ~ 2=opening lid 1 (Bootlid) ~ 3=panic alarm ~ ......

It sounds like these options control the action of the 3rd button on the Remote (key fob). The short one was set with a value of werte_00, werte=00 and the others (medium and long) were set as Werte_02, werte=02 which makes sense since that 3rd button needed to be held a beat to open the trunk. I proceeded to set the MEDIUM and LONG ones to 00 as well, hoping this would disable the button altogether. It seems to have had no effect.

I also went and tweaked the parameter they describe RC_TIME_DELAY_BOOTLID and set to it's max werte value of 20 which translates to a 2 second value of time. This parameter DID have an effect and I now have to hold the 3rd button on the remote for 2 seconds to open the trunk, which is 1.5 seconds longer than the default of half a second.

Still, I would like to know why the other 3 settings I changed don't seem to have altered anything and I'd still like to disable the button altogether. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by MonkeyDigsBMW; 04-27-2014 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:15 AM

Mein Auto: 116i
i was working on enabling the Follow me home via keyfob function. the same parameter in post #2, but no effect.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:34 AM

I wonder if there is another setting somewhere...
Old 04-27-2014, 10:54 AM

I found this parameter;

RC_ENABLE_CONFIG_BUTTONS
Kommentar= 0=nicht_aktiv = configuration of 3rd/4th button via MMI disabled 1=aktiv=configuration of 3rd/4th button via MMI enabled
enabled
Werte=01

Does anyone know what MMI is? Currently the 3rd and 4th buttons of the remote are configured using MMI whatever that is. I am wondering if this setting (or the MMI) is overriding the other remote control parameters we tried to set. Will disabling this configuration via MMI allow the settings we changed to actually take effect? I am tempted to try it.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:21 PM

Mein Auto: F10
MMI=MultiMediaInterface=Headunit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDigsBMW View Post
I found this parameter;

RC_ENABLE_CONFIG_BUTTONS
Kommentar= 0=nicht_aktiv = configuration of 3rd/4th button via MMI disabled 1=aktiv=configuration of 3rd/4th button via MMI enabled
enabled
Werte=01

Does anyone know what MMI is? Currently the 3rd and 4th buttons of the remote are configured using MMI whatever that is. I am wondering if this setting (or the MMI) is overriding the other remote control parameters we tried to set. Will disabling this configuration via MMI allow the settings we changed to actually take effect? I am tempted to try it.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maszika View Post
MMI=MultiMediaInterface=Headunit.
Does that mean there would be something in iDrive? Or in a different CAFD module?
Old 11-08-2014, 12:58 AM

Mein Auto: F10 M5, F13 650i, F01 B7
I had the same issue, but now I found a fix:

FEM_BODY
3040 ClMaster:
CLM_OPERATION_BOOTLID_AT_UNLOCKED, set it to aktiv, the remote can't open the trunk anymore.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:18 AM

Mein Auto: F30 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDigsBMW View Post
Does that mean there would be something in iDrive? Or in a different CAFD module?
It should, but doesent work. I tried it for followmehome with keyfob.