Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:52 AM

Mein Auto: F56 MINI COOPER S
NEW 3rd Gen F56 MINI Coding Dilemma - Can anyone help?

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum having being pointed here by a fellow member. I am hoping someone may be able to help with a challenge I am facing with coding on the new 3rd Gen MINI (the F56)

I am in the process of fitting the bumper from the John Cooper Works car to my Cooper S.

The bumper is different in so much as the fog light assembly (which also contains the sidelights) is deleted and replaced with honeycomb grilles

The headlights on my car are LED headlights with an incorporated DRL LED 'horseshoe' ring. This headlight is also stock on the JCW car however, unlike the Cooper S it uses this DRL ring as its sidelights instead of the separate unit in the lower bumper like on the Cooper S.

Anyway without complicating things any further...currently this is the sequence associated with the headlight switch on the car as it stands:

1) headlight position switched to 'off' = LED DRL in headlight ON / rear lights OFF
2) headlight position switched to 'sidelight' = LED DRL in headlight OFF / LED sidelight in bumper ON / rear lights ON
3) headlight position switched to 'on' = LED DRL in headlight ON [with reduced brightness] / LED sidelight in bumper ON / LED dipped beam ON / rear lights ON

What I want to happen is for the car to replicate the JCW in terms of lighting which would be:

1) headlight position switched to 'off' = LED DRL in headlight ON / rear lights OFF
2) headlight position switched to 'sidelight' = LED DRL in headlight ON / rear lights ON

So in basic terms, I want my car to use the LED DRL's [which are built into the headlight] as the side lights, since my Cooper S will no longer have the fogs / sidelights in the lower bumper...

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I also want to know if its possible to code the fog lights OFF the car, as they wont exist anymore either.

Last edited by F56MINI; 04-15-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2015, 03:17 PM

Mein Auto: F56 MINI COOPER S
Anyone able to shed some light on this - it seem to be a difficult one as I have posted elsewhere too but no suggestions yet there either?
Old 04-30-2015, 09:45 AM

Mein Auto: F10
Hi there,

Your wishes are clear, however I've not understood what kind of help are you looking for?

Do you have a necessary software and cables to do it yourself? If so - here's my answer:
1. I think the easiest way to adjust lights as you desire would be using ISTA-P. It has a lot of options for retrofitting, namely JCW aero-kits, and other similar stuff.
I think 'retrofit-JCW-something' should automatically change the modes of your headlights. I'm expecting it as yesterday I tried a retrofit of 'Xenon 25W' on my R56, and it worked like a charm with ISTA-P. (I spent days to do the same procedure with other software where I had to manually adjust number of modes for headlights).
2. More complex way would be using E-sys.
3. As for Fog Lights - certainly they can be switched off with E-sys, not sure if ISTA-P has such option.

Hope it helps.