Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:59 AM

Mein Auto: 535d
E61 NBT Retrofit - cannot save settings /kombi issues

Anyone done an nbt retrofit in an Ex series? Having issues with the HU_NBT not saving settings when set the following:

->Kombi Type
--->Kombi_Low (Wert 02)

-> EINHEITEN_MASTER
-->kombi_l6 (Wert 01)

NBT communicates with the Kombi and changes made in the unit such as consumption etc carries over to the Kombi. However on soft reboot (press power for 30secs) or suspend (car goes to sleep) the NBT then defaults back to kph, l/100km etc.

If I set

-> EINHEITEN_MASTER
-->hmi (wert 00)

Then the NBT saves settings but then won't communicate to the Kombi so any settings done in the head unit won't appear on kombi.

I've updated the firmware on the kombi from the latest datens but still the same - Does anyone have any idea?

For reference I have the NBT VO coded to the following attached screenshot.

I've not updated the build date of my vo in the car (CAS/LMA etc) - would this make a difference? Grasping at straws
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vo_nbt.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	517448  
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2015, 11:02 AM

Oh just for note, for anyone contemplating doing it - so much better than CIC!

Just a right pain to find all the units (MULF, TCU, USB Interface, DAB) and disconnect them as they are all under the trim in 3 different places... Still, much easier to rewire the MOST network so getting to that gets you access to 2 of the 3
Old 07-02-2015, 05:46 PM
BMW user

Send a message via Skype™ to ac_schnitzer
Mein Auto: "12 F10 520dMtech/G400CDI
Dou you use emulator ? , i made some retrofit in E90 chasis without problems but i dont remember that NBT settings appear right in KOMBI but if you need i post codings that must do in NBT according my emulator
Best regards Ivan !

BMW 520d sedan Msport 8TF , 704 , 6FL , 615 , 616 , 5DF , 522 , 508 , 502 , 494 , 316 , 2TB , 609 , 4U2 , 4AT , 1CC /// retrofits : 6WA , 6WB , 3AG , TOP HIFI 677 ASD , 609 NBT Touch ..
Old 07-03-2015, 02:07 AM

Hi Ivan, I'm using a bimmer retrofit enbt with climate control support. Settings under units appear in the kombi - consumption, distance, time/date, temperature etc.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2015, 05:04 PM

Have went through the cafd file tonight (with a whisky of course - its friday) and noted any changes to be made tomorrow but none jump out as to why either the nbt won't save settings or save and can't update kombi.

Just the only thing left to finish on my nbt retrofit and it's still driving me nuts! I'll change the settings below tomorrow and update the firmwares on the rest of the car to rule that out.

Infuriating!!

Code:
X_VIEW Wert 00
ECO_MODE wert 00
ECO_TIPSS wert 00
ECO_MODE_CONF wert 00
ECO_LIMIT wert 00
ECO_DYN_SAILING wert 00
ECO_CSC_KOMBI  wert 00
SETTINGS_INFO_DISPLAY wert 00
DCC wert 00
MACRO_FDS wert 00