BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

first upgrage...

8K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  BigDeep1 
#1 ·
Got my fogs updated to match color today....Cree leds no codes and color matches perfect....

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Super easy, just snap off grill around fog light. I found link I found link on forum " Cree 20 watt led bulbs" the one I bought are 40 watt and came with resistor modules so not to set codes. I went to amazon an searched for best price.... 80 or so dollars....

#14 ·
So did you order the H8 or the H11? I would like to do this as well.

#16 ·
How did u snap off the front grill to get to your fogs? Pic's? I've been having a hard time trying to do mine and afraid it's going to break. Thx

#18 ·
Once you get the grill off trere are 2 8mm bolts on the bottom of the light assembly. Remove bolts then there is a tab on the back top of the light push the tab up and th ligh slides out the front to disconnect tht connector.....

#21 ·
Nvm, I end up just twisting the light bulb harness, pulled it out then squeezed the tabs to replace the bulbs. Thx again for your help.

#23 ·
Just to clarify (since I do not have the car yet). The fog lights are normally yellowish-white but the halo ring and the headlights are normally the led white color like the ones you installed in the fog lights? Or are the halo ring, headlights and fog lights all normally yellowish?

#46 ·
Just got mine E92 H8 LD MARKER V-0201230 (cree) from a forum member and this is might be strange but there are 3 wires coming of the heat sink, longer one to LED, the large connector one to the car and the smaller wire to another heatsink ????:dunno:

Can anyone help? with the installation instructions?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.