Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 12-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
TX State trooper suspended for practicing gynecology and proctology while on the job.

Quote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1223901

Texas state trooper caught on video searching women's private parts during traffic stop is suspended
Ashley Dobbs and aunt Angel Dobbs are suing female state trooper Kelley Helleson, who administered the searches with the same latex glove, and trooper David Farrell. The searches took place near Irving in July after someone allegedly threw a cigarette from the window of their vehicle.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz2GOE0gzLm

A still from the traffic stop with Ashley Dobbs. Her aunt Angel Dobbs can be heard in the video saying, "I was like totally violated over there a few minutes ago. I had a finger in my a-- and a finger in my p---- ... This is so embarrassing to me."

A state trooper who was caught on camera humiliating two Texas women by searching their private parts in public during a traffic stop was suspended on Wednesday.
The footage taken from the dashboard of another vehicle clearly shows Kelley Helleson sticking her hand down the front and back of the women’s pants.
Ashley Dobbs, 24, and her aunt Angel Dobbs, 38, filed suit earlier this week against Helleson and fellow state trooper David Farrell – as well as their department head – for the body cavity search from July 13 on a state highway near Irving, Texas, which is close to Dallas.
"To search a human being in this matter — it's mind boggling," Scott H. Palmer, the Dobbs' attorney, told the Daily News. "I talked to law enforcement throughout Texas and Oklahoma. No one's ever heard of such a ridiculous search… This isn't supposed to happen and should never happen again."

“Angel Dobbs was overwhelmed with emotion and a feeling of helplessness and reacted stating that Helleson had just violated her in a most horrific manner,” the lawsuit reads.

The incident occurred after Farrell pulled over the women when he saw someone throw cigarette butts from their vehicle, he told the women.

“This has been an eye-opening experience for me,” Angel Dobbs can be heard telling Farrell in the video. “I’ve never been pulled over, never searched like this... I was like totally violated over there a few minutes ago. I had a finger in my a-- and a finger in my p----… This is so embarrassing to me.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz2GOETqrzm

Officer Kelley Helleson checked the women's anuses and vaginas with the same latex glove. Texas' Public Safety director was named in the suit because he allegedly knew of similar searches but did nothing to stop them.

Farrell responded that the car had the scent of a daily smoker so “you can attribute it to that.”

"We call that a tacit admission. He adopted her statement by not denying it and basically gives his ridiculous justification (for the frisking)," said Palmer.

Farrell reportedly questioned the women about marijuana, searched their car for the substance and administered a sobriety test, which driver Angel passed. He called female officer Helleson to search the women.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz2GOF9LqnR
Quote:
Full video here: (second video). http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/12/18/i...h-by-troopers/
Seriously????
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Hey, if you've got nothing to hide, you cooperate with law enforcement.....right?

Old 12-29-2012, 02:25 PM
On Top

Send a message via AIM to SWISS Send a message via Yahoo to SWISS
Mein Auto: E30 S52 / S52 M roady
Not to the point of being raped.

So what's more traumatic, weed or public roadside molestation and possible infection/disease from 3rd world sanitation practices?

I see internal affairs is doing a good job of ensuing local LEO's are humane and civil.....

Old 12-31-2012, 04:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E36/4/5
Well talk about being extra vigilant in catching criminals...I wonder any time while she was finger banging these 2 if this would come back to bite her
Old 12-31-2012, 04:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 Graygreen 325i
"unreasonable search and seizure", anyone?

2007 Porsche Boxster S, Guards Red, 6-spd manual

Old 12-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Psychology Reversalist

I thought that as a doctor you would be more shocked that she used the same hand to dig into the butthole, then the vagina. Then continued to do the same butthole then vagina on the second woman, still using the same hand. Basically making sure that the vagina got some E-Coli in it.

But hey, she has four fingers there. Maybe she switched fingers so there is no cross contamination.

Last edited by MatWiz; 12-31-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:01 PM
Omni Extaris

Mein Auto: The Axles of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
I thought that as a doctor you would be more shocked that she used the same hand to dig into the butthole, then the vagina. Then continued to do the same butthole then vagina on the second woman, still using the same hand. Basically making sure that the vagina got some E-Coli in it.

But hey, she has four fingers there. Maybe she switched fingers so there is no cross contamination.
she will never work again for the police.

Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
Samuel Clemens

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7800&dateline=1275495849
Old 01-01-2013, 06:02 AM
On Top

Phuck the POlice.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Psychology Reversalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg View Post
she will never work again for the police.
I think we can cross out EMS or nursing too? LOL.

But why would she not work for the police? From the article it seems to be the regular practice with that PD, known to the top honchos, it was ordered by the male policeman. She didn't decide on her own to go out and sexually abuse and bacterially attack women.

It's pissing me off that as a woman she is doing it to other women. As a woman she knows the risks unless she grew up in a cave. Every woman knows it's important to wipe from the front backward to avoid UTI. Every parent to a baby girl knows that too. That policewoman is intentionally putting them at health risk. Watching the full dash cam video its easy to how much time she takes to thoroughly go back and forth over the urinary tract opening. These girls are standing there stripped of any ability to resist or object while somebody is giving them vaginal infection probably.
By a woman who is aware of this because she is a woman herself.

Disgusting abuse of power.

Last edited by MatWiz; 01-01-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 SL63
It goes beyond abuse of power. It is a sexual assault. To publicly violate a woman like that they should be prosecuted just like any other criminal. If they are suspicious, then the women should have been brought in. No officer in the field should have permission to sexually assault someone like that. I hope they rot in hell for this....

2015 S550 Anthracite blue, Silk, loaded and doin just fine...
2013 SL63 AMG black....
2012 750IL x drive, imperial blue/oyster, a finely loaded beater car...
2014 GL350 loaded for the wifey...
2012 650 Cabriolet M sport (gone)
Old 01-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

But why would she not work for the police? From the article it seems to be the regular practice with that PD, known to the top honchos, it was ordered by the male policeman. She didn't decide on her own to go out and sexually abuse and bacterially attack women.

It's pissing me off that as a woman she is doing it to other women. As a woman she knows the risks unless she grew up in a cave. Every woman knows it's important to wipe from the front backward to avoid UTI. Every parent to a baby girl knows that too. That policewoman is intentionally putting them at health risk. Watching the full dash cam video its easy to how much time she takes to thoroughly go back and forth over the urinary tract opening. These girls are standing there stripped of any ability to resist or object while somebody is giving them vaginal infection probably.

100% agree.

Had she changed gloves for each suspect, and gone 'front to back', it wouldnt be nearly as bad.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
100% agree.

Had she changed gloves for each suspect, and gone 'front to back', it wouldnt be nearly as bad.

Yup.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: Dirty-Thirty
What a shame for her to throw her career like the away. Sigh
Old 01-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raven View Post
What a shame for her to throw her career like the away. Sigh
Yeah, before that she was an exceptional human being.

What make you say this was a 'shame'? Do you know this trooper? Is there something about her prior acts that would make her leaving the force to be unfortunate?

Seems a strange comment without background....
Old 01-02-2013, 08:36 AM
On Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
100% agree.

Quote:
Yup.
I disagree I don't think there is a grey area in these cases. And I feel like body cavity searches are the highest invasion of one's dignity and privacy and searching for marijuana is not a sufficient reason for one.

Or any drug for that matter.

Some of you being ok with legal rape/molestation is appalling.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 SL63
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWISS View Post
I disagree I don't think there is a grey area in these cases. And I feel like body cavity searches are the highest invasion of one's dignity and privacy and searching for marijuana is not a sufficient reason for one.

I cannot even comprehend how someone can think it is ok for a cop on the side of the road to slap on a pair of gloves and violate a person like that!! If that was their wife or daughter would they still be saying, hey as long as she switched gloves all is well??

What if the cop decided to give a guy a cavity check right in the hood of his car? Would Matt or Ard be ok with a quick check as long as the glove was clean? I should hope not....

This is beyond disgusting and uncalled for. It is a sexual assault. And they should be labeled as sex offenders, once they get out of prison of course....

2015 S550 Anthracite blue, Silk, loaded and doin just fine...
2013 SL63 AMG black....
2012 750IL x drive, imperial blue/oyster, a finely loaded beater car...
2014 GL350 loaded for the wifey...
2012 650 Cabriolet M sport (gone)
Old 01-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I disagree I don't think there is a grey area in these cases..
I was, of course, kidding. (Actually trying to point out that the hygiene of the situation was, in fact, immaterial. IMO)

Just so you know where i am on the spectrum: I think an officer that searches a CAR, without probably cause and without a warrant- and then cooks up a reason and/or gets a warrant after the fact- should be fired.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:13 PM

Mein Auto: 325i/X5 4.8
Quote:

She does appear to be somewhat of a scapegoat here. As soon as you say that roadside cavity searches are "normal" police work you change the issue from what she did to what the authorities should be allowing. her unhygienic technique is a minor side issue to be dealt with by proper training.

If this isn't SOP, you have to wonder why the other officer called on her to perform the check and why she did it and why she happened to have department issued gloves at her disposal, ie it's BS to argue that roadside cavity searches aren't SOP.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilner View Post
I cannot even comprehend how someone can think it is ok for a cop on the side of the road to slap on a pair of gloves and violate a person like that!! If that was their wife or daughter would they still be saying, hey as long as she switched gloves all is well??

What if the cop decided to give a guy a cavity check right in the hood of his car? Would Matt or Ard be ok with a quick check as long as the glove was clean? I should hope not....

This is beyond disgusting and uncalled for. It is a sexual assault. And they should be labeled as sex offenders, once they get out of prison of course....
The way that you two, Emilner and Swiss ignoring and accepting the hygiene aspect, giving them vaginal infection, and saying that's ok, is appealing.

See how easy it was?

Where do you see me or ard saying that it was OK to finger those two women? We're not and I certainly not. But what I AM saying is that on top of that, adding insult to injury.. not. It's adding INJURY to insult is going a few steps further beyond and above the humiliation. And what I am suspecting almost to a certainty is that she was doing this on purpose. That is adding a physical abuse - as in inflicting pain - as in an attempt to inflict a disease such as vaginal infection or urinary tract infection ON TOP of her search. It's adding that extra layer that I am sure she is aware of that is showing her extra mean intentions.

Last edited by MatWiz; 01-02-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjwilson View Post
She does appear to be somewhat of a scapegoat here. As soon as you say that roadside cavity searches are "normal" police work you change the issue from what she did to what the authorities should be allowing. her unhygienic technique is a minor side issue to be dealt with by proper training.

If this isn't SOP, you have to wonder why the other officer called on her to perform the check and why she did it and why she happened to have department issued gloves at her disposal, ie it's BS to argue that roadside cavity searches aren't SOP.
Of course it is SOP. Here, from the linked article, they are including the director in the lawsuit

Quote:
Helleson checked the women’s vaginas and anuses with her fingers wearing the same latex glove. The demeaning search occurred on the side of the road as other vehicles passed by, according to the lawsuit.

The women, who were given a warning for littering, included Steven McCraw, the director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, in the lawsuit because, they allege, he knew about similar unlawful strip and cavity searches but did nothing to stop them, reported The Dallas Morning News.

The Texas Department of Public Safety released the following statement:

“Following the traffic stop that occurred in July of this year and based on a citizen’s complaint, the Texas Rangers conducted an inquiry surrounding the events, and has since turned the results over to the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office for review.”
Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 410K
Quote:

I saw this a week or two ago in some random web news.

One thinks she (the officer) got some sort of kick out of it also. Power can be giddy stuff, so I've read, I've rarely had much of it. One wonders how often these two pulled that tandem routine. The guy had a front row seat, complete with spotlight.

About a year ago I was stopped on the Bayshore expressway ostensibly for speeding. Another officer showed up and they persuaded me to submit to a search of my vehicle and person for drugs. Lucky for me, there were no roaches in the ashtray, rare for me anyway. They didn't go cavity but it was a full pat down. The other cop was trying to keep it light. I didn't get any sort of ticket and drove off feeling a bit weird and peeved.

The chances of anyone carrying drugs in a cavity while driving on everyday stuff are extremely low IMO. Maybe going into prison to visit perhaps

Last edited by cmac2012; 01-02-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:57 PM
You Lick It, You Own It

Send a message via ICQ to chivas Send a message via AIM to chivas
Mein Auto: 98 540i/6
at least it wasn't ATM

It takes a lot of work to be lazy.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 410K
Thank God for small favors.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:16 PM

Mein Auto: 325i/X5 4.8
Quote:
Of course it is SOP. Here, from the linked article, they are including the director in the lawsuit
And I said " ie it's BS to argue that roadside cavity searches aren't SOP."
Old 01-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjwilson View Post
And I said " ie it's BS to argue that roadside cavity searches aren't SOP."
And I agreed. Would you like to argue about it?