Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i F30 M-Sport
335i Glacier Silver M-Sport

A quick post about the 335 I took delivery on yesterday. More to come but I'm having a blast, pretty much finding any excuse to leave the driveway and drive.

The car was available stock at local dealer - more of post to come on my experience at two dealers and my impressions on the car. I have to say I was always a bit biased against the silver interior but I think it goes well with this car in bright silver on black. On paper very far from my first choice but the car is optioned close to what I was after and the timing right for me.

Glacier Silver M-Sport
Black Leather with Aluminum Trim
M-Sport w 19" M-Sport wheels, 8AT Sport Transmission
Tech, Premium, Harmon-Kardon, PDC & Backup, Front Seat Heat

A couple of quick snaps attached. Loving it so far.

I have to say for those obsessing every last option - this isn't really even super close to what I was ordering and originally after. And in the end the car has me smiling like crazy and enjoying the great design that is part of every configuration. I had an E90 335 and am very impressed in this car initially with the amazing transmission and the overall cockpit feel. The M-Sport wheel has won me over along with the HUD and in general the wrapped-around sense of being in this car. The black interior drops away and works with this car. I have never been a fan of black leather or of the metal or plain trims (vs wood) - this car has me sold, something about the silver and M-Sport that makes it all work for me. Love it so far. More to come...
Ads by Google
Old 12-30-2012, 04:13 PM

my attachments didn't stick:

Oh and also, unfortunately since it was dealer stock they had drilled on the front license plate holder. I'm in Los Angeles and we DO get ticketed (and often) for no front plate but I'm considering filling or plugging and putting on one of the tow-bracket front plate holders that work with the PDC. That and some reasonable tint. Not much else prolly, I'm leasing.

Perhaps the tail-pipe mod and some light coding, I do have the adaptor cable to do so, ordered during one of the many nights I was waiting for an ordered car that took too long for my situation (disable warning screen on NAV and auto-fold mirrors, make ASS stick without the dealer trip -- not sure if I care).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	335use.jpg
Views:	2724
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	355285   Click image for larger version

Name:	335twoUSE.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	355286  

Last edited by akaMomo; 12-30-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Congratulations! Looks fantastic.

Silver is still the best color IMHO.

My e90 was silver though. That's the only reason why I am toying around with getting another color. I might get Black Sapphire this time around, but not 100% sure. Glacier Silver is a strong possibility too.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:25 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaMomo View Post
A quick post about the 335 I took delivery on yesterday. More to come but I'm having a blast, pretty much finding any excuse to leave the driveway and drive.

The car was available stock at local dealer - more of post to come on my experience at two dealers and my impressions on the car. I have to say I was always a bit biased against the silver interior but I think it goes well with this car in bright silver on black. On paper very far from my first choice but the car is optioned close to what I was after and the timing right for me.

Glacier Silver M-Sport
Black Leather with Aluminum Trim
M-Sport w 19" M-Sport wheels, 8AT Sport Transmission
Tech, Premium, Harmon-Kardon, PDC & Backup, Front Seat Heat

A couple of quick snaps attached. Loving it so far.

I have to say for those obsessing every last option - this isn't really even super close to what I was ordering and originally after. And in the end the car has me smiling like crazy and enjoying the great design that is part of every configuration. I had an E90 335 and am very impressed in this car initially with the amazing transmission and the overall cockpit feel. The M-Sport wheel has won me over along with the HUD and in general the wrapped-around sense of being in this car. The black interior drops away and works with this car. I have never been a fan of black leather or of the metal or plain trims (vs wood) - this car has me sold, something about the silver and M-Sport that makes it all work for me. Love it so far. More to come...

Congrats. Love those wheels.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 12-30-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post

My e90 was silver though. That's the only reason why I am toying around with getting another color. I might get Black Sapphire this time around, but not 100% sure. Glacier Silver is a strong possibility too.
It's strong in person. When I ordered and spent a while pacing the lot, I was convinced the Black Sapphire was really great in all light, etc. Something about this silver and the whole theme makes the car seem just a bit different to me - I appreciate that in this market (Los Angeles). There are literally a half-dozen E90 and F30 cars on my block and various other BMW models as well and I'm not in any kind of special neighborhood at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post

Congrats. Love those wheels.

BJ
Thanks buddy - I have to say they are my favorite differentiator on this car. I was really happy without this setup and ordered a sport-line originally to get the adaptive cruise. But I'm having a blast right now and couldn't imagine turning much onto auto pilot at this point. Ask me in six months of LA crawl. I'm excited for when when this feature isn't a $2400 add-on that's impossible to find.

I think the biggest miss on this configuration for where I am driving (aside from ACC) might be the full-around cameras. I seriously need to up my street-parking game if those wheels are going to survive around here.

In any case loving it. Mostly I'm impressed with the overall cockpit experience if that makes sense. Way more so than when I test drove it and honestly at the time (deciding to buy) I put more faith in my history of a half-dozen BMW models owned vs being overwhelmingly sold on the car right when I sat in it.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive
I like the silver m style. Luckily they didn't have one as it would have been a tough choice between the blue I got.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:24 PM

Mein Auto: Cur: Porsche(s), Audi, MB
Very nice looking car. Congrats!!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 535i.F30 335i
Enjoy in good health.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:18 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Another beautiful M Sport! Enjoy that sweet looking ride!

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
Old 12-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Abuser of everything

Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post

x2.