Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:53 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i
BMW 328i When to order

I currently have a lease on an Acura that ends at the end of March. For my next car I want to do a custom order of a BMW 328i (none of the dealers seem to carry the options I want). I will most likely lease this car as well.

I was wondering if you guys can tell me when I should place the order. Since the lease ends at the end of March, I would probably want it delivered in mid to late March.

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2012, 06:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
5 to 8 weeks out.

My lease ends May 1st.

I will probably close a deal in mid March.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:02 AM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsabin01 View Post
I currently have a lease on an Acura that ends at the end of March. For my next car I want to do a custom order of a BMW 328i (none of the dealers seem to carry the options I want). I will most likely lease this car as well.

I was wondering if you guys can tell me when I should place the order. Since the lease ends at the end of March, I would probably want it delivered in mid to late March.

Thanks
Contact the dealer you are considering the purchase. They are allotted cars that they order. You need to be on one of their allotted cars. My order took 5 weeks but that is the fastest you will get one from an order, most seem to be in the 6-8 week range on the 328i and double for the 335i. I also came from an Acura and the BMW is a superior drive. The 8 speed automatic is a dream.

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats
Old 12-30-2012, 08:57 AM

Mein Auto: '13 328xi
Use a Board Sponsor. If you do, you can count on what they tell you being accurate and truthful, in addition to ensuring you snag a good/fair deal. I can't stress this enough. If you use a "regular" dealer, it's pot luck on what you'll get. If you've read these Boards long enough, you'll come across some of the nightmare scenarios. Don't be "that guy".
Old 12-30-2012, 06:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i
Thanks for the info guys.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328xi Sport
The estimated 6-8 weeks has been spot on in my case (7)
Old 12-30-2012, 09:11 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsabin01 View Post

Thanks
First off, welcome aboard, we're here to help.

The 6-8 week lead time for east coast delivery is spot-on, but there's one other thing you should know:

BMW offers a pull-ahead program as an incentive to dealers to get them to get leasers into cars sooner. All 3 times I've leased BMW's in the past 7 years (including my first BMW off of an Acura TL) BMW offered to pay my last 2 or 3 lease payments so as to get me into a BMW earlier than expected.

Translation: Get going immediately on your negotiations with a few local dealers and you won't have to wait until March to get into your new car. In fact, there is a very strong likelihood that you can be in a car next week. Good possibility that your build isn't so rare that it needs to be ordered from the factory, might be in a lot right now, might be on a vessel enroute to the US. Either way, you only need to wait until March if you want to; otherwise, BMW will pull you ahead and get you into a 328i very quickly.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®