Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:04 PM
Regional Sponsor

Mein Auto: X3
Valve stem seals done for $2500!

For those who don't know me.... I'm a BMW master tech located in Long Island, NY who has helped out many forum members here in the past (just do a search and you'll find me). I've been seeing many posts about the common valve stem seal issue with the N62 and N62TU engine. Symptoms include excessive oil consumption and severe smoking from the tail pipe. I'm offering to complete the repair for $2500 total (parts and labor). This includes new valve cover gaskets, new upper timing case cover gaskets and valve stem seals of course. I would need 2 full days to complete the repair, I'm available on weekends (I work at the dealer during the week). Most dealers charge anywhere from $8,000 to $12,000 to have this done, so here's your chance to save a ton of cash! I've had someone drive over 12 hrs to meet me and to have the repair done, it was well worth it for that customer. You guys can post here or PM me. I'm also a forum regional sponsor, so my contact info is located in the section of the forum. Thanks!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Ads by Google
Old 01-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Nice deal.

(For a moment I though someone went to the dealer for valve stem seals on their wheels.... )
Old 01-14-2014, 05:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
Nice deal.

(For a moment I though someone went to the dealer for valve stem seals on their wheels.... )
Same here ... I was about to let the OP know that I did 4 OE valve stem (TPMS') for less than $150 ...

bmwoem1: what other services do you offer (on the weekends or otherwise)?

Thanx for reaching out to us
BMWCCA #20645
Old 01-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Regional Sponsor

I can do any repairs, just send me a PM

Old 01-15-2014, 12:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 35D
Excessive consumption and smoke can also be due to bad piston rings. That's how it was on my last car ('03 Altima). During that time, it cost more in engine oil than fuel to drive 200 miles.
When changing the valve stem seals, I was 90% sure pistons were the actual problem, but did anyways, as they cost nothing and I had some spare time. Changing the valve stem seals did not fix the problem, as expected, but was a great learning experience. Learned to tune timing belt, change valve cover gasket, etc. Even managed to drop the valve into cylinder and get it back!

Sorry for going off the topic.

Question: if someone brings the car with those symptoms, do you guarantee the fix, or only guarantee work on valve stem seals?
Old 01-15-2014, 12:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5, 2012 MINI ALL4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwoem1 View Post
I can do any repairs, just send me a PM

I wish you were in Chicago. .
Old 01-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Regional Sponsor

I guarantee the fix, the results are immediate.... So I can't collect $ if the car is still smoking when I'm done. This issue is so common on this particular engine, it's pretty easy to diagnose.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 35D
Old 01-15-2014, 03:40 PM

Mein Auto: '08 X5
Just as my CPO expires, you post. It's like there's an angel smiling. I'll let you know when I need a repair. With the reliability of my X5, we'll probably be talking next week.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Regional Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravin View Post
Just as my CPO expires, you post. It's like there's an angel smiling. I'll let you know when I need a repair. With the reliability of my X5, we'll probably be talking next week.
Haha, I'm sure we'll talk soon

Old 01-16-2014, 08:55 AM

Mein Auto: 750li F02
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwoem1 View Post
For those who don't know me.... I'm a BMW master tech located in Long Island, NY who has helped out many forum members here in the past (just do a search and you'll find me). I've been seeing many posts about the common valve stem seal issue with the N62 and N62TU engine. Symptoms include excessive oil consumption and severe smoking from the tail pipe. I'm offering to complete the repair for $2500 total (parts and labor). This includes new valve cover gaskets, new upper timing case cover gaskets and valve stem seals of course. I would need 2 full days to complete the repair, I'm available on weekends (I work at the dealer during the week). Most dealers charge anywhere from $8,000 to $12,000 to have this done, so here's your chance to save a ton of cash! I've had someone drive over 12 hrs to meet me and to have the repair done, it was well worth it for that customer. You guys can post here or PM me. I'm also a forum regional sponsor, so my contact info is located in the section of the forum. Thanks!

wont a dealer cover this under warranty if presented with the right documentation, evidence and support?
2011 BMW 750Li - Coded, Rear Entertainment, M Sport, LED Lighting, ACS Trunk & Roof Spoiler, Tint, //M Pedals, iForge 22's, Conti CS2 Tires, EBC Dimpled Rotors and Red Stuff Pads. M Sticker on Steering (lol) & a ton of paint work to accent the Alpinweiss body & Jet Black trim pieces. The Ultimate Storm Trooper Driving Machine.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:57 AM
Regional Sponsor

It's covered under warranty..... This service is for the cars out of the warranty period

Old 04-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Regional Sponsor

You guys can PM me or email me at bmwoem1@gmail.com