Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW M
Upgrade base sound to premium

has anyone upgraded the base system to the Logic 7 more speaker usb plug system? I assume new amp, speakers in the rear, and cables plus programming.

I was quoted $850 locally to install the denison 500, plus 1 hour dealer programming just to add usb access.
Ads by Google
Old 01-21-2013, 05:39 AM

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci
Went into buy one of those Bluetooth stereo things for my iPhone 5 to play on my 6 through the radio, sounds like a POS BTW. And the dude from bestbuy was like, my advice install a new system.

I was like, it's a BMW 6 series dude, you guys can't do anything for me. He looked at me like I was crazy. Like I'm going to let some idiot from bestbuy mess with my L7, like they are going to drop in a faceplate system with an aux/ iPhone, yeah right, where?

Browsed tons of threads on people who did some nice upgrades though, hit up a search if no one has advice. Just my opinion, I think the L7 sounds pretty good, just wish I had the iPhone cable without having to sacrifice my CD changer. Quick question though, anyone know where the two subwoofers are, know the system has 13, only counting 11 in the car.

Last edited by GetMeABeer; 01-21-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetMeABeer View Post
Went into buy one of those Bluetooth stereo things for my iPhone 5 to play on my 6 through the radio, sounds like a POS BTW. And the dude from bestbuy was like, my advice install a new system.

I was like, it's a BMW 6 series dude, you guys can't do anything for me. He looked at me like I was crazy. Like I'm going to let some idiot from bestbuy mess with my L7, like they are going to drop in a faceplate system with an aux/ iPhone, yeah right, where?

Browsed tons of threads on people who did some nice upgrades though, hit up a search if no one has advice. Just my opinion, I think the L7 sounds pretty good, just wish I had the iPhone cable without having to sacrifice my CD changer. Quick question though, anyone know where the two subwoofers are, know the system has 13, only counting 11 in the car.
The subwoofers for the coupe are under the front seats.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:53 AM

Mein Auto: BMW M
I added two 12 inch subs in the back so bass is no longer an issue. I just want to be able to control my ipod by the car radio itself. I would also like a back-up camera, pdc is only so so. But I don't want to spend $$$ for a crappy result.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:59 AM

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post
The subwoofers for the coupe are under the front seats.
Interesting, I'll check it out later... thanks.