Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 Z3M Roadster
Clutch Pedal Bushings on eBay? Good/Bad?

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

For my '00 Z3M Roadster - I need to replace my clutch pedal bushings. I saw some self-oiling bronze ones listed on eBay. Is this what Z owners are buying? Or should I get something else?

Also, are there other clutch pedal parts I need to pickup in addition too?

Thanks,

TC

eBay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121044636961...84.m1438.l2649

2000 Z3M Roadster

Last edited by tcesar888; 01-01-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1998 Z3 Roadster
Bimmerbum has them cheaper.
As far as other parts, it depends on how deep you want to go. It's a perfect time to replace the clutch pedal with a steel one from Mason Engineering, but that's expensive. It's also a good time to replace the clutch master cylinder, since you have the pedal out anyway. Might as well replace the slave cylinder as well, since it's just as old. They're connected by a hose, so might as well delete the Clutch Delay Valve (CDV) and install a stainless steel clutch line. Then, you probably have the seat out, so there are several things to do to those...
Old 01-01-2013, 01:20 PM
BMW CCA 1405

Mein Auto: 1997 BMW Z3 1.9 5MT
The eBay vendor is BimmerBum. You can get the bronze bushings directly from BimmerBum for $5 less:
http://www.bimmerbum.com/bmwseoibrclp.html

I got the $20 plastic bushings from UUC. They sold white Delrin for years, and that is what was pictured on their site, but what they sent was black and I don't know what they are made of. Then their site showed no bushings, and now the white ones are back:
http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/categ...olkitScripts=1

The UUC black bushings looked so flimsy that I got the BimmerBum bronze bushings, which look sturdy. Now I think I will ask UUC if I can exchange the black ones for the white ones. As to which is best, white Delrin or bronze, I don't know.

If you are contemplating installing clutch bushings, wait until you can do a round robin with the seats out. Take out driver seat, do seat bushings and clutch pedal bushings, then take out passenger seat, do its bushings and the glove box fix. That's what I plan to do this spring.

Last edited by vintage42; 01-01-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 Z3M Roadster
Thanks Blacklane and Vinatage42!

I appreciate the quick reply and additional information. I need to map out what I plan to tackle here. I see your point with addressing a few of these elements "while I'm at it"...

I may hit you up again, once I'm ready to place an order.

Mahalo,

TC

2000 Z3M Roadster