Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Convertible
Thumbs down Jake Sweeney BMW - Avoid

We walked into the dealership looking to lease a 2013 550xi. It was 10 minutes before anyone actually talked to us, even though there were several CA's walking around. I understand if they're busy with someone else, but a simple "Hello, I'll be with you shortly" or "I'll find someone to help you" would have been a good start. When Jim Gels was finally brought to us to help, he simply said 'Hi' and looked at me. No questions about what I would like or what I was interested in. Things went downhill from there. He took a call at his desk while in discussions with us and proceeded to talk about another customer with Finance. He went to pick up a print-out and stopped by a colleague’s desk next door to engage in a bitch session, which we could hear. He was not at all helpful in explaining any numbers, nor was he interested in any negotiation. I tried to bring up the current lease deal, and he essentially blew me off, only wanting to give me the standard deal. He never offered his card nor did he take any information from me. His attitude the entire time was that we were a nuisance and didn't want to waste his time with us. He tried everything he could to lose the sale. He succeeded. This is the second time I've dealt with Jake Sweeney BMW (purchased used car previously). This is also the last time I will deal with them. Next stop, The BMW Store.
Ads by Google
Old 12-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bmw
was this in ohio?

Sent from my XT557 using Bimmer App
Old 01-02-2013, 08:02 PM

Yes, Cincinnati. BTW, The BMW Store was great! Review to follow later.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:38 PM

wow that sucks ill cross them off my list. cant wait to see your review of the bmw store they seemed decent from what i could tell

Old 01-03-2013, 06:21 PM
New to BMW

Mein Auto: 2006 550i
Jake Sweeny sucks period. The guys over at The BMW Store seem like good people. I don't know anything about the sales, but they are about 5 minutes from my work and are helpful when I call up there with questions/price quotes on parts and service.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattani View Post
Jake Sweeny sucks period. The guys over at The BMW Store seem like good people. I don't know anything about the sales, but they are about 5 minutes from my work and are helpful when I call up there with questions/price quotes on parts and service.
good to know thanks

Old 01-05-2013, 12:05 PM

The BMW Store Review

As promised, see my review of The BMW Store.