Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:49 PM

Mein Auto: e90 328i 2008,E93 335I 07
Purchase of a 435I, is this a decent price?

Hi guys, first thank you for all the advice and knowledge, this forum has better advice than any dealership around. Anyway I stop at one of the dealerships and one of the sales advisors informed me that they are going to receive a 435I around mid August. Is not allocated to anyone yet so I can purchase it. This are the specs on it:
Black Sapphire with Black Dakota Leather, with the following Packages, Cold Weather, Driver Assistance, Premium Package, Technology Package, M Sport, H. K. Surround Sound System.
!9" Wheels. Anyway the price is $59,350.00. and there is an event tomorrow that if you go in and test drive a BMW and other brands and rate them you get $1,000.00 off the price.
Besides wanting your input in price, would like to let you know that my intentions were to do ED and my prefer color is Mineral Grey Metallic with Dakota Red/Black trim on a M Sport. With many of the same packages this one already has on it. Anyway looking forward to hearing from you guys. I am keeping my E90 328I is 2008 with 70K miles and it has been a solid performer. I am not leasing or financing, don't know if this will help or deter. Have not look at the other car that I have been thinking of (a Audi S5) because I have been a BMW guy, no other luxury brand for me.
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 335i
Not sure about the price as this is the first time the car is hitting the streets.

But if I can add 2 cents worth of advice: dig, dig and dig some more for all of the incentives that BMW offers. For example, I got money for being a USAA customer, having recently attained a college degree (I'm 48 and this was my second degree, but BMW awarded me $1000 for it!) loyalty credit, dealer incentive offer (via postcard sent) etc. so the lesson is to look at everything.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2015 320i
Ummm... what about getting what you really want? You already stated that you could wait because you have another car, so this is not something that you must have right away, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaster1 View Post
Hi guys, first thank you for all the advice and knowledge, this forum has better advice than any dealership around. Anyway I stop at one of the dealerships and one of the sales advisors informed me that they are going to receive a 435I around mid August. Is not allocated to anyone yet so I can purchase it. This are the specs on it:
Black Sapphire with Black Dakota Leather, with the following Packages, Cold Weather, Driver Assistance, Premium Package, Technology Package, M Sport, H. K. Surround Sound System.
!9" Wheels. Anyway the price is $59,350.00. and there is an event tomorrow that if you go in and test drive a BMW and other brands and rate them you get $1,000.00 off the price.
Besides wanting your input in price, would like to let you know that my intentions were to do ED and my prefer color is Mineral Grey Metallic with Dakota Red/Black trim on a M Sport. With many of the same packages this one already has on it. Anyway looking forward to hearing from you guys. I am keeping my E90 328I is 2008 with 70K miles and it has been a solid performer. I am not leasing or financing, don't know if this will help or deter. Have not look at the other car that I have been thinking of (a Audi S5) because I have been a BMW guy, no other luxury brand for me.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i xdrive
Quote:
Is it a decent price ... um ... it is full MSRP. So no it is not a decent price.
But given that you are looking at being one of the first to have one, you might not be able to negociate much off it.

GG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4 series build.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	388585  
Old 07-26-2013, 04:28 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i, AP1 S2000
Quote:
Besides wanting your input in price
Seems like invoice plus ($500 to $1000) is generally considered a "good" price. Then apply any incentives you're eligible for.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F30 Sportline
Quote:
Originally Posted by elistan View Post
Seems like invoice plus ($500 to $1000) is generally considered a "good" price. Then apply any incentives you're eligible for.
While that is generally true, it will not be true for a while on the 4 series as they are new models. I was reading the "ask a dealer" forum and it looks like they will not be discounting these too much right at the beginning ( if discounting at all).

For ED, the product would have to come out of dealer allocation, and it looked like they would not be available until november for euro delivery.

Unless you are really, really set on getting it now, I would wait and do the Euro Delivery if that is what you wanted to do. You are simply not going to get a "stellar" price on a new model, at launch. Of course, if you really want it, go for it!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:46 PM

That is what i like about asking questions here, I would explore the incentives I was not aware of what it is available. And would sit with my wife and ask her if she wants to go to Europe or the Caribe Hilton in El Condado in P. R.
And as you marry guys know it carries a big part of the decision. Another question, I love manual transmissions and I don't commute, she just brought that up, so should I just hold on and order my color and prefer transmission? Again Thank You guys, I have learn that most people are not as attached to there rides like we are. To most of us in this forum is a emotional decision more than just transportation.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F30 Sportline
I have a 335 sportline with the Sport AT, and it is great for an automatic transmission. I have not owned a manual car for about 10 years for various reasons, (even though I learned to drive in a manual, and my first few cars were manuals), so was not looking for a manual for this one either. With that being said, I TOTALLY get the "connected" feel, many feel for "rowing your own gears". It sounds like you can pretty much have what you want, and you do not seem to be in a hurry (other than "want), so you probably should just order one to get exactly the packages and the MT that you want. The MTs that will be on the lot will probably be specc'ed as more "drivers" car and less "packages", if you can find them on the lot at all.

You will need to get the 435 to get MT I think but you were already planning on that.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:28 PM

Mein Auto: 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by elistan View Post
Without a serious connection this isn't going to happen on the 4series as they are just entering production. Wait 10 months and invoice + xxx will be a good price on MY '14 4 series. Unless you absolutely need a car at this time, let the chumps pay the "cool kid" premium on these for now.

2015 BMW 435i GC MSport (ED Sept 29, 2014)
2004 BMW 530i (FOR SALE)
2010 Lexus RX350 AWD (hers)

Last edited by dwlink; 07-26-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:50 PM

You guys are a rock.Talked with my wife, and we are going to wait and order one. As JJ points out, I too learned to drive on a manual and my first 10 or more cars were all manuals. But for the past 18 years all the cars that I have owned are auto and if I am honest I have not missed the manual, specially on this last E90. So I am going to order with all the packages that I want plus the color mix that I desire and of to Germany we go. In the meantime will figure out what incentives if any are available. It is so interesting to hear the opinion of all of you. Any comments or suggestions are still welcome. Thank You.