Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E70 X5 M and E71 X6 M (2010 - 2015)

E70 X5 M and E71 X6 M (2010 - 2015)
The BMW X5 M and X6 M are the first xDrive all-wheel-drive vehicles from M GmbH. The M variants offers the same utility as the regular X5 and X6, with the addition of the V8 M TwinPower Turbo, a twin-turbocharged 4.4-liter V8 delivering 560 horsepower and 500 lb·ft of torque.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:25 PM

Mein Auto: 535xit
Any N63 CCP issues apply to the S63?

BMW is replacing a whole slew of expensive parts for the N63 CCP and just recently added high pressure fuel pumps to the mix. I can't find any details on similar extended repairs for the X5M, but I imagine that many of the parts must be the same.

Has anyone talked to their dealer or found out any information that might be relevant? My car is a 2011 and many of the N63 fixes were introduced in 2012. My dealer claims there are no outstanding programs
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2015, 12:13 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperBoy2 View Post
BMW is replacing a whole slew of expensive parts for the N63 CCP and just recently added high pressure fuel pumps to the mix. I can't find any details on similar extended repairs for the X5M, but I imagine that many of the parts must be the same.

Has anyone talked to their dealer or found out any information that might be relevant? My car is a 2011 and many of the N63 fixes were introduced in 2012. My dealer claims there are no outstanding programs
I spoke to a service advisor at Fields BMW and he said resolutely, "No." There's speculation about reasons BMW won't release a CCP for the M variants (i.e. not enough customer demand, differences in engines, etc.) but it seems like some people are shown favoritism by their local BMW dealerships based on subjective factors like customer loyalty, and others (like me) are told to hope for the best.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:28 PM

Mein Auto: 535xit
Well... looks like I wasn't overly paranoid. Fuel injectors went out last week at 44k which is of course absolutely ridiculous. At least that part was covered under the 7 year emissions law, but at the same time one of the water pumps and one of the turbos both had leaks which was a crazy $3300 to fix

I absolutely love driving my X5M and thankfully only drive 7-8k per year, but my wife's 2008 was even less reliable so I'm not sure I will do this again. BMW desperately needs an all-out company initiative on redesigning their cars past a 50k lifetime
Old 03-07-2016, 11:53 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperBoy2 View Post
Well... looks like I wasn't overly paranoid. Fuel injectors went out last week at 44k which is of course absolutely ridiculous. At least that part was covered under the 7 year emissions law, but at the same time one of the water pumps and one of the turbos both had leaks which was a crazy $3300 to fix

I absolutely love driving my X5M and thankfully only drive 7-8k per year, but my wife's 2008 was even less reliable so I'm not sure I will do this again. BMW desperately needs an all-out company initiative on redesigning their cars past a 50k lifetime
I called Ferman BMW to schedule an appointment for an alignment and was informed there is a recall for the fuel injectors in my X6M. It looks like BMW is finally applying this bulletin to the E7x Ms.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:14 PM

Mein Auto: '03 996TT / '11 X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinhvle View Post
I called Ferman BMW to schedule an appointment for an alignment and was informed there is a recall for the fuel injectors in my X6M. It looks like BMW is finally applying this bulletin to the E7x Ms.
Yup, my dealership said most of the 2010's and 11's they see with original injectors are getting replaced. The put a scope in to see what index number you have and if they are from 2010/11 they get replaced. Just got mine done, and now I have Prius-like fuel economy... okay maybe not that good, but went from 11mpg to 15mpg overnight with the new injectors.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E70 X5 M and E71 X6 M (2010 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search