Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 07-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Windows 9(?) start menu leak?

http://www.neowin.net/news/new-start...ows-build-9788
Ads by Google
Old 07-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A car
I hope classic shell still works on win 9

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Old 07-15-2014, 03:19 PM

Mein Auto: '14 535ix
Ah, Microsft is a great company.
They have a vision and a strategy - let's concentrate on mobile, where their market share is 2% and they don't make any money at all, and the field is not saturated at all with Apple and Google pushing hard. In the meantime let's screw up the desktop - where MS OS is dominant and where they make all their money. Let's see how many people we can make NOT buy Windows. Pure genius.

Yes, PC sales are down but PCs are not going anywhere - if you want to do serious work you still need a PC.

In the meantime people have to install 3rd party extensions to get a Start Menu - and apparently not much different in Windows 9 (with that lame excuse for a start menu). Nobody else on the planet except Microsoft can believe that the same UI would work great on a phone and a desktop PC

Old 07-15-2014, 03:31 PM

Mein Auto: 750Li
I'll stick with Windows 7. Probably the greatest OS to date.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_o_p View Post
Ah, Microsft is a great company.
They have a vision and a strategy - let's concentrate on mobile, where their market share is 2% and they don't make any money at all, and the field is not saturated at all with Apple and Google pushing hard. In the meantime let's screw up the desktop - where MS OS is dominant and where they make all their money. Let's see how many people we can make NOT buy Windows. Pure genius.

Yes, PC sales are down but PCs are not going anywhere - if you want to do serious work you still need a PC.

In the meantime people have to install 3rd party extensions to get a Start Menu - and apparently not much different in Windows 9 (with that lame excuse for a start menu). Nobody else on the planet except Microsoft can believe that the same UI would work great on a phone and a desktop PC
Sounds good to me.

I can't believe these guys. They are constantly creating upgrades that people DON'T want to upgrade to.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:36 PM

Mein Auto: 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
If only they would get arid of all those square icons on the right side and smooth things out. Not a fan at all of the bordered hard edges.

While I completely hate macs, Apple's hard edge design is much better as it doesn't utilize a border and the highlighted window drops a subtle shadow on the other windows and desktop beneath it.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:43 PM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by J750 View Post
I'll stick with Windows 7. Probably the greatest OS to date.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh you were being serious.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video: https://vimeo.com/60051914
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878