Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:12 PM

Mein Auto: X5
Question on 2009 X5 Phone book

Hi

I have just paired my cellphone to the X5 via bluetooth. I have addresses associated with each contacts on my phone. However, I see that the vehicle phone book does not have address fields. Am I missing something or is the phone book limited to only phone numbers?

I was hoping to use the GPS to navigate to address of my phone contacts directly. Is there a way to achieve this without having to retype everything?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2013, 12:46 AM

Can anyone help? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S2. Will different phones behave differently when pairing on Bluetooth? Are there any phones that can link addresses on the phone book to the car through Bluetooth?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App
Old 01-11-2013, 08:12 AM

Mein Auto: 04 Duramax 09 BMW X5
I'm not of any help, but on my recently purchased X5 it will import my contacts at random times. I would think it would do it each time, however I have not found that is the case. Addresses are probably another matter.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:30 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it imports all of my contact info everytime i start up and the bluetooth connects. That includes all the phone numbers as well as addresses which I can call up in the Nav. Sometimes the address info such as house number and street name gets mixed up but otherwise seems to work fine. I am not sure if has to do with the phone or settings, but it does work for me.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:07 PM

Thanks for your responses. Unfortunately the Galaxy S2 doesn't link up the addresses on my 2009 X5 (with CCC iDrive). I am still trying to figure out if it's the car or the phone that's the culprit.

tlim66, can you confirm that you have 2009 X5 (i.e. with the CCC iDrive)?

It's really difficult to borrow someone else's phone (iphone, S3, etc) to try out the phone's bluetooth behavior?

It'll be helpful if others can chime in so that we can have an idea of what combination of phone and car works and what doesn't.

Thanks.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
Mine is a 2012 X5, Not sure what the 'CCC I-Drive' stands for but my vehicle fully loaded with Comfort, Technology, Sports, Executive Package etc....
Old 01-11-2013, 11:30 PM

tlim66, 2012 X5 has the CiC iDrive. 2009 X5 is still using the older CCC iDrive. So it looks like the CiC iDrive is able to download addresses from phone book via Bluetooth.

Has anyone with a 2007 - 2009 X5 (with CCC iDrive) able to download addresses from their phone contacts via Bluetooth?
Old 04-12-2013, 01:04 PM

Mein Auto: 520d
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkt20 View Post
tlim66, 2012 X5 has the CiC iDrive. 2009 X5 is still using the older CCC iDrive. So it looks like the CiC iDrive is able to download addresses from phone book via Bluetooth.

Has anyone with a 2007 - 2009 X5 (with CCC iDrive) able to download addresses from their phone contacts via Bluetooth?
Hi,
I had a 2008 525 and a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone. I found I could get the address of contacts to work in the iDrive provided I formatted the address fields in the phone with ; between lines.
E.g.
1 A Road;
Atown;
ACounty;
postcode;
Great Britain

With my 2013 520 the same format almost works except after selecting the contacts address I have to enter the country into the iDrive and it then manages to decode the rest. When I get time I will have a play with the format to see if I can solve that.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:17 PM

Mein Auto: 520d
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkt20 View Post
Hi

I have just paired my cellphone to the X5 via bluetooth. I have addresses associated with each contacts on my phone. However, I see that the vehicle phone book does not have address fields. Am I missing something or is the phone book limited to only phone numbers?

I was hoping to use the GPS to navigate to address of my phone contacts directly. Is there a way to achieve this without having to retype everything?

Thanks.
On mine the address does not show up if I look at contacts via the phone book, only if I view contacts via the navigation menus. So check you are accessing the contacts via the correct menu route.

Regards,
Ady
Old 02-05-2014, 08:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 640i Gran Coupe
I'm having this exact same issue using a Galaxy S Blaze on a 2014 BMW - phone numbers for all my phone contacts sync fine but I can't access or even view any of the addresses assciated with those contacts and therefore cannot navigate to any of those addresses. Any tips or solutions would be much appreciated. OP, how did you solve this problem?