Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:05 AM
I <3 my E34

Send a message via Skype™ to BmwMan92
Mein Auto: 1985 318i// 1988 325e
I think I'm with steve on this also. The only reason he even posted anything about the dipstick is because the op did.
He didnt just hear some random question and say "check your dipstick"
Steve knows alotb about these cars and knows that the fpr is very much near the dipstick.
When the op asked a very vague question with little detail...
And bare with me here if with little information someone said they think their fpr is bad and smell gas on the dipstick
and didnt confirm the exact place of smell.
Most anyone who owns a m20 engined e30 probably would have assumed the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8bimmer View Post
I just dont see any other logical way around this problem.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:25 AM
610EUROs

Mein Auto: 90' 24v, 89' 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by First time View Post
I perfectly fine where im at. Im not in a hole.

The same statement applies to yourself to Steve. You keep responding to me as I do you right? Your statements are no better than mine. So who is digging themselves a hole? By your logic, FPR o-ring is bad check the dipstick. Injector o-ring is bad check the dipstick.

Funny how in both cases, the small stream of gas so happens perfectly spray at the dipstick handle. Hmmm

I have seen o-rings fail. Some are not as nice as you percieve them to be. Some dont spray a nice little tinkle.

Go ahead keep digging. If we are both in a hole guess Were gonna see who can di a bigger one right?
you are in fact digging a hole. you were wrong right from the start and have just continued to try and distort what i've said to make it seem stupid. while all i've done is clarify and confirm what i've said to be completely possible.

you can keep distorting what i've said. others can see what you're trying to do, so i don't need to keep confirming what i've said to be completely possible.

build: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=382667
Old 01-08-2013, 10:32 AM
INSANELY UNPREDICTABLE!

Mein Auto: 1984 318i
Pm sent already...ghost.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:34 AM
INSANELY UNPREDICTABLE!

Mein Auto: 1984 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman271 View Post
I can tell your not so bright. Just remeber all of this when you have a problem yourself. Ever heard of "Don't bite the hand that feeds" well steve and fatherfigure feed plenty of knowledge to this forum.
Just like everyone else who rides steve's (fill in the blank) i have already stated that yes he does know a good amount about these cars. Im not taking away from that. But he comes off as rude a lot and its really not needed. Period
Old 01-08-2013, 11:20 AM
That Guy

Mein Auto: 99' 540i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by First time View Post
Just like everyone else who rides steve's (fill in the blank) i have already stated that yes he does know a good amount about these cars. Im not taking away from that. But he comes off as rude a lot and its really not needed. Period
I didn't see any rudeness out of any poster besides you and QAfred. But it is just font on a screen so you can read it in your head however you want.

I would assume guy's problem is fixed or he's trying to fix it now... we'll see shortly I guess.

1985 335i
Black on Black coupe 5spd
R.I.P

1979 Trans Am 10th Anniversary
#16 of 5,683 made

KOI Import Parts-- 513-771-7777
Old 01-08-2013, 05:27 PM
livin large

Mein Auto: 2012 hypermotard 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman271 View Post
After running Rich or Lean for a while, your plugs will build a carbon up on them or a soot. Either way it would retard your spark, maybe enough to cause misfires later. I know in my 2nd gen AWD DSM, if I ran too high of boost for too long my air fuel ratio's would go crazy and I would actually melt the tip of my spark plugs off.
pretty much. theres just more of a chance of the plugs fouling then your back under the hood again. once the plugs foul theres a slim chance of getting them to work right again. cleaning and regapping doesnt always work
Old 01-09-2013, 04:49 AM
Nick's Toys

Mein Auto: 323i E30 2-door
Cool De-coking plugs, first-aid

To clean fouled plugs you can try throwing them into your hot BBQ coals, or use up half a lighter with full-flame at the tip of the plug
It does not always work, but as I come from the dark ages where we often rode our 2-stroke bikes home from the pub, early in the morning in Winter (yes we can get -C temperatues in Africa ) we sometimes fouled the plugs due to not disengaging the choke as
If you are in doubt about your plugs > replace them
or are they that expensive on your side
Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1989/1991 E30; 2000 E38
@nicholasb
Did you ever get your problem fixed? Did you check the fuel pressure? If the fpr doesn't fix your issue, you should also look at the cold start valve and injectors. Check the cold start valve or injectors' ability to hold pressure after the car has been turned off. Leaky injectors drain fuel directly onto the piston and in the oil. This might be the cause of the fuel smell on your dip stick.

Big Boyz with Bad Toyz.

Last edited by BigBoy740il; 02-07-2013 at 07:26 PM.