Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)

F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)
The all new 3rd generation 6 series coupe (F13) and convertible (F12) forum. The F06 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe forum is here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-11-2013, 05:55 AM
Tammyoro Tammyoro is offline
Registered User
Location: Virginia Beach
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 2012 650i conv
Exclamation 2012 650i conv

Am I the only disappointed owner? Late Feb 2012 we purchased the second of 2 BMW's ever owned. We upgraded from a 2011 538 which we loved but wanted a change. We excitedly purchased the 2012 650i conv and as we were told the " flagship" car of the year. It's been all down hill. After owning it about three weeks the added feature was raining inside the car where the roof meets the frame a the corner of the windshield. Then needed a quart of oil which I was told is the norm for a new Beamer. First of all what new car should ever need a quart of oil after 1000 miles??! Of course I brought it in several times to be looked at for both issues for the next 8 months and 9 quarts of oil later. In October a decision was made to replace the engine and do whatever it takes to stop the "rain feature." After about 6 weeks I finally received my car back from the dealership which brings us to last month. After have it about 2 weeks I put another quart of oil in it. Keep in mind its Christmas time and I haven't driven it much. Last week the "drivetrain" light comes on and the car ran like crap immediately wanting to stall out. This week all if the fuel injectors and spark plugs are being replaced. These are the major problems I have had. I have also had the windshield wiper pump replaced and passenger airbag reset about 5 times. Am I the only one having this many major problems? Fortunately it's a lease however it hasn't even been 11 months I have a 3 year lease. Dealership has been great except for the trade in offer which would of increased my payment by $500 for the same exact car. Somehow I'm being punished. The really sad part is I love my car! Any pointers? Suggestions?
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 01-11-2013, 06:48 AM
EmM HoLLa's Avatar
EmM HoLLa EmM HoLLa is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern, VA
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 554
Mein Auto: BMW
Shouldn't lemon laws apply here?.. I'm sure someone on our forum knows better but a new car shouldn't behave as such. Depending on the state if you reside in the US you may have a case to have the car replaced by the dealer..,
__________________
2012 650i
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-11-2013, 07:10 AM
southern6er22's Avatar
southern6er22 southern6er22 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Mobile, AL
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,553
Mein Auto: BMW 2012 650i xDrive
+1 on the lemon. This certainly isn't the norm. We all have to put in a quart of oil every 3k to 6k miles, but 9 quarts is ridiculous. Sorry to gear about your troubles.
__________________

650i xDrive Coupe (2012), Carbon Black/Black/Gray Poplar, M Sport, Full LEDs, 20" 373M Wheels, ARS,
HUD, CWP, Premium Sound, Nappa Dash w/ Contrast Stitching, Ceramic Controls, BMW Apps, PCD
http://www.youtube.com/user/Southern6er22
http://southern6er22.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:50 AM
bmwsocal bmwsocal is offline
Registered User
Location: Southern California
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: M6
Tammyoro:

You clearly got a "lemon." I owned a 2012 650ic and did not have any of these problems. Under California Law, you could easily invoke the lemon law and get BMW to take the car back and give you back your money.

You should research the lemon law of the state in which you live. From there, I would call BMW NA and ask them for the address of BMW NA's CEO, and then write him a letter demanding your money back.

Good luck.

BMWsocal
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 AM
greenie99 greenie99 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Jenkintown, Pa
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 131
Mein Auto: 2013 650 x-drive m-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmM HoLLa View Post
Shouldn't lemon laws apply here?.. I'm sure someone on our forum knows better but a new car shouldn't behave as such. Depending on the state if you reside in the US you may have a case to have the car replaced by the dealer..,
Lemon Laws apply to SAFETY issues only. The engine issues seem to meet that criteria. 3X in the shop for the same issue totaling 30 days meets the qualifications.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:55 AM
greenie99 greenie99 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Jenkintown, Pa
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 131
Mein Auto: 2013 650 x-drive m-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammyoro View Post
Am I the only disappointed owner? Late Feb 2012 we purchased the second of 2 BMW's ever owned. We upgraded from a 2011 538 which we loved but wanted a change. We excitedly purchased the 2012 650i conv and as we were told the " flagship" car of the year. It's been all down hill. After owning it about three weeks the added feature was raining inside the car where the roof meets the frame a the corner of the windshield. Then needed a quart of oil which I was told is the norm for a new Beamer. First of all what new car should ever need a quart of oil after 1000 miles??! Of course I brought it in several times to be looked at for both issues for the next 8 months and 9 quarts of oil later. In October a decision was made to replace the engine and do whatever it takes to stop the "rain feature." After about 6 weeks I finally received my car back from the dealership which brings us to last month. After have it about 2 weeks I put another quart of oil in it. Keep in mind its Christmas time and I haven't driven it much. Last week the "drivetrain" light comes on and the car ran like crap immediately wanting to stall out. This week all if the fuel injectors and spark plugs are being replaced. These are the major problems I have had. I have also had the windshield wiper pump replaced and passenger airbag reset about 5 times. Am I the only one having this many major problems? Fortunately it's a lease however it hasn't even been 11 months I have a 3 year lease. Dealership has been great except for the trade in offer which would of increased my payment by $500 for the same exact car. Somehow I'm being punished. The really sad part is I love my car! Any pointers? Suggestions?
Tammy, what you want form your dealer is a COLLATERAL EXCHANGE, exchanging your present car for exactly the same thing paying ONLY for the mileage accrued. Problem is that the 2012 isnt being manufactured anymore. In spite of the year difference, BMW should swap you out of the 12 and put you into the exact same 13 model.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Tammyoro Tammyoro is offline
Registered User
Location: Virginia Beach
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 2012 650i conv
650i disappointment

Thanks for the responses. I approached an attorney prior to the engine being replaced in October and his advice was not encouraging however with given recent events, value of the car and further researching the VA statue after encouragement from this blog I am pursuing action. Thanks again! I will keep everyone posted as I peruse BMW corporate. It's an fortunate because when I do have my car I love it. I've said many times I will never buy another BMW after this experience but there's no other car out there that compares in my opinion, sigh
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-11-2013, 01:44 PM
greenie99 greenie99 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Jenkintown, Pa
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 131
Mein Auto: 2013 650 x-drive m-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammyoro View Post
Thanks for the responses. I approached an attorney prior to the engine being replaced in October and his advice was not encouraging however with given recent events, value of the car and further researching the VA statue after encouragement from this blog I am pursuing action. Thanks again! I will keep everyone posted as I peruse BMW corporate. It's an fortunate because when I do have my car I love it. I've said many times I will never buy another BMW after this experience but there's no other car out there that compares in my opinion, sigh
This is the problem. When the car is right, its RIGHT!!!! When it is acting up, ya just want to run it over a cliff(without you in it of course!).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:08 PM
6kat 6kat is offline
Registered User
Location: FL
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 39
Mein Auto: 6 series convertible
I would be all over the exchange if possible! Yes they can do this.
Go to the top dogs and be real mad...
Bitch, bitch and bitch some more letting them you know you have a piece of crap and you want a exchange NOW! We aren't talking about a 30 or 40 thousand dollar car here.
Don't ask demand one!
Pay what little difference there is and love your new one!

Let us know what happens.

Do this real soon, like the first day or so of the week if you can.
Let us know what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-13-2013, 09:51 AM
long time long time is offline
Registered User
Location: Ft Lauderdale
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 82
Mein Auto: 650 roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie99 View Post
Lemon Laws apply to SAFETY issues only. The engine issues seem to meet that criteria. 3X in the shop for the same issue totaling 30 days meets the qualifications.
I returned a car in New York state under the lemon law due to paint failure - your mileage my vary but it was not a safety issue.

Do your own due diligence on your states requirements, from the general framework it sounds to me like you qualify .
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-13-2013, 02:13 PM
greenie99 greenie99 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Jenkintown, Pa
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 131
Mein Auto: 2013 650 x-drive m-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by long time View Post
I returned a car in New York state under the lemon law due to paint failure - your mileage my vary but it was not a safety issue.

Do your own due diligence on your states requirements, from the general framework it sounds to me like you qualify .
They must have tied your issue to a safety concern. I know. Paint peeling off the hood and covering the windshield!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-14-2013, 03:49 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06 MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 338
Mein Auto: 2012 750Li & 650i
In California you would go through

http://www.bbb.org/us/california-lemon-law/

Here it is for your state

http://www.bbb.org/us/virginia-lemon-law/

but ultimately star at the same page when you have to file initial complaint

You do not need an attorney.

You have rights and they will come to you, just follow the steps and be firm
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-23-2013, 07:16 PM
Tammyoro Tammyoro is offline
Registered User
Location: Virginia Beach
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 2012 650i conv
Update... There were several criteria's for the "lemon law" statue in VA that my car qualified for. This wasn't a surprise, but gave me validation for my argument with BMW if it needed to go that far. I started with the GM at the dealership and I didn't have to go any further. The GM was extremely helpful and apologetic. He said this happens .01% of the time and sometimes they just cant be fixed. My car is being replaced with a 2013 650i and I cant wait to enjoy this one. In the mean time I have the pleasure of driving a 2013 X6 which is nice, but clearly a different animal than the 650i.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
southern6er22's Avatar
southern6er22 southern6er22 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Mobile, AL
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,553
Mein Auto: BMW 2012 650i xDrive
Glad it seemed to work out with minimal legal ugliness. An X6 isn't too bad for a loaner While I'm intrigued by the new 328i, I think I'd have my fill in a couple hours. Hopefully it is smooth sailing from now on.
__________________

650i xDrive Coupe (2012), Carbon Black/Black/Gray Poplar, M Sport, Full LEDs, 20" 373M Wheels, ARS,
HUD, CWP, Premium Sound, Nappa Dash w/ Contrast Stitching, Ceramic Controls, BMW Apps, PCD
http://www.youtube.com/user/Southern6er22
http://southern6er22.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-23-2013, 08:17 PM
greenie99 greenie99 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Jenkintown, Pa
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 131
Mein Auto: 2013 650 x-drive m-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammyoro View Post
Update... There were several criteria's for the "lemon law" statue in VA that my car qualified for. This wasn't a surprise, but gave me validation for my argument with BMW if it needed to go that far. I started with the GM at the dealership and I didn't have to go any further. The GM was extremely helpful and apologetic. He said this happens .01% of the time and sometimes they just cant be fixed. My car is being replaced with a 2013 650i and I cant wait to enjoy this one. In the mean time I have the pleasure of driving a 2013 X6 which is nice, but clearly a different animal than the 650i.
There ya go!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-23-2013, 08:22 PM
EmM HoLLa's Avatar
EmM HoLLa EmM HoLLa is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern, VA
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 554
Mein Auto: BMW
Awesome news!!!

Here's to hoping they don't repackage that car as a CPO and some unsuspecting bloke doesn't end up having those same issues..
__________________
2012 650i
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms