Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Salz und Pfeffer

Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985mb View Post
Good

Just for future reference, as was explained to me by a 3rd party a few years ago, there is no such thing as a Geico-approved facility. Your state law probably allows you to take your car to any licensed facility, hence every such facility is approved and none are disapproved or denied.

Yes, they have their own list of preferred shops and will try to persuade/influence you to use them; I was under no legal obligation to use them.
Thank you, I understand that.
My position on all this is to have the wolves fed and the sheep safe.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:51 AM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by lqaddict View Post
Hey DSX,
The itemized estimate GEICO provided has the designations for CAPA certified aftermarket and OEM re manufactured parts, the parts with no designation are OEM. I am pushing them to do the right thing and replace the parts with OEM and have that reflected on the repair order and the receipt so I can be clear in the BMWFS eyes, I don't think they are dumb enough to defraud their customer, finance company and the other party's insurance company.
Hi lqaddict, I'm glad I got to see your car when it was still like the stylists designed it. Very sharp looking at the Fall Foliage Run!
I agree, if they use CAPA parts,and it's likely that the oem parts mean BMW parts,then you're golden. Your BMW will be as good as new when they're done. Don't sweat it. Be sure to post pics of the 'after' after, when it's looking good again.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:58 AM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by lqaddict View Post
Well cheap or not,, there is no other company within the area I am in that can offer the customer support and coverage for $2400 a year. The preferred Liberty Mutual Insurance quote is outrageous for the same coverage I have with Geico. Well so far they have been easy to deal with, the car is going into a facility where my local BMW service and sales center sends their cars for repairs.

Anyway, it could've been a lot worse from the health and financial situation perspective, and I am glad it is not so far.
I will report back on the driving/feel feedback once the car clears the repairs.
Oh the horror! I insure three cars and a truck, including fire theft and collision, medical, and a million bucks liability. Total cost? $1800 a year. One of the bennies of living out in the puckerbrush. And never having had a claim.
http://www.cowhampshireblog.com/2007...e-puckerbrush/
Old 01-13-2013, 06:34 AM

Mein Auto: '07 E90 N52 328xi
I too met some bad luck. For me, Christmas morning a Lexus LS decided to hit 3 parked cars. One of which was my E90. Doesn't look too bad however estimate came to $5638.00. I should be getting my car back at the end of this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW_Angco_122512_1.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	357421  
Old 01-13-2013, 08:00 AM
Salz und Pfeffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
Oh the horror! I insure three cars and a truck, including fire theft and collision, medical, and a million bucks liability. Total cost? $1800 a year. One of the bennies of living out in the puckerbrush. And never having had a claim.
http://www.cowhampshireblog.com/2007...e-puckerbrush/
That 2400 quote for me includes the five year good driver discount, 10% off defensive driver discount, and other non essential discounts like DRL etc.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Salz und Pfeffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangcony View Post
I too met some bad luck. For me, Christmas morning a Lexus LS decided to hit 3 parked cars. One of which was my E90. Doesn't look too bad however estimate came to $5638.00. I should be getting my car back at the end of this week.
I hope it will look like new once you get it. Good luck!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 AM
wooohooo

Mein Auto: '08 335i coupe 6MT sport
I'm sorry about your accident, lqaddict. The other day when crossing a larger intersection (one of the largest I ever typically cross), I sensed that my view was blocked by the adjacent car, and I made an effort to look over/through to make sure the coast was clear, due to have reading about your misfortune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
A scarey consideration for today: Last week I ordered a set of brake calipers from a new source here in Nashua. When the parts arrived I found in large lettering on the box "OEM". Closer reading showed the brand to be called OEM and their slogan in fine print was "Original Equipment re-Manufactured". So not only was the part not an original Nissan (they were going on an Altima) part, it was a re-man!
Moral of the story, sometimes OEM doesn't mean OEM as is traditionally defined, and unless your BMW parts say BMW on them they may be OEM but not oem! You gotta constantly be on your toes.
Completely unrelated topics, but many years ago as a college kid who probably would eat anything, I noticed some very low priced cans of with Chile Con Carne written in huge letters. Upon closer inspection, at the bottom in tiny letters it said "just add meat", lol. I also remember a store selling extremely competitively priced shoes that had stamped on them GENUINE LEATHER. It turned out that GL was simply the brand name, but that the shoes were not made of leather!

Last edited by Ilovemycar; 01-13-2013 at 09:28 AM.