Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E70 X5 M / E71 X6 M

E70 X5 M / E71 X6 M
Forum for the all-wheel-drive models BMW X5 M and BMW X6 M.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5M
Winter wheels question...

Do any of you know if the 19" wheels off of a 2007 X5 will fit a 2013 X5M? I wasn't sure and didn't think so; but I wanted to confirm before buying a used set of winter wheels and tires.

A friend of mine is selling his set of four with 5k miles on Scorpions for $800. Any thoughts?
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Aviator

Mein Auto: BMWs & Ram trucks
The fronts should work but the rears would require a hubcentric ring or a combo spacer/hub diameter adaptor. Most 19" will clear the front calipers but not all - I'd test fit one to be sure you have a RCH of clearance.

Just drove our new X5M through 500 miles of snow in Idaho and Montana with Scorpion Winters - great tires

...and a bunch of old English motorcycles

Last edited by dkreidel; 02-16-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkreidel View Post
The fronts should work but the rears would require a hubcentric ring or a combo spacer/hub diameter adaptor. Most 19" will clear the front calipers but not all - I'd test fit one to be sure you have a RCH of clearance.

Just drove our new X5M through 500 miles of snow in Idaho and Montana with Scorpion Winters - great tires
Cool, thanks man! Would it look or feel weird to use these tires all year round? Even in summer weather?
Old 02-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Aviator

No man, you don't want to do that. Even the people up here in MT either have M+S all seasons or swap winter/summer every 6 months. Do you need winters to go over I 80 to Tahoe?

The winter tires won't take the NorCal heat in the summer, and they could chunk pieces of tread if they get too hot.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkreidel View Post
No man, you don't want to do that. Even the people up here in MT either have M+S all seasons or swap winter/summer every 6 months. Do you need winters to go over I 80 to Tahoe?

The winter tires won't take the NorCal heat in the summer, and they could chunk pieces of tread if they get too hot.
Right on, thanks man...I'm a novice at this snow thing. Well, I didn't think I needed snow tires until I heard all the negative talk about the summer tires in the snow. I don't want to slide off of a cliff or anything. Why? You think my stockers would hold up fine on I80 in the snow?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Wolfe View Post
Right on, thanks man...I'm a novice at this snow thing. Well, I didn't think I needed snow tires until I heard all the negative talk about the summer tires in the snow. I don't want to slide off of a cliff or anything. Why? You think my stockers would hold up fine on I80 in the snow?
I really don't know - but it can snow in Montana from Labor Day through 4th of July so I thought dedicated snow tires and wheels would be best. You might post on the X5 forum as those guys will know if the 'stones that came on our trucks can handle occasional snow. Dunderhi is also a good source of information on winter tires. I used to live in Kings Beach on the North Shore of Tahoe and know how manic the snow can be on I 80 through Donner Pass and into the ski areas.

It's snowing now and the Scorpions were really locked down tight

Last edited by dkreidel; 02-17-2013 at 10:46 AM.