Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 540i Sport
2011 X5 35d For Sale $26,900

I hate to do it, but I'm buying a house and need to slash some expenses. Vehicle is in excellent condition inside and out. Only issues: driver's seat calibration needed (I've tried the full forward technique several times), and above average driver side left bolster wear.

Black Sapphire Metallic exterior
High Gloss Shadowline Trim
Running Boards
19" Y-Spoke Wheels
Sand Perforated Nevada Leather interior
Anthracite Headliner
Light Grain Poplar Wood Trim

Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Technology Package

Alarm, Rain Sensor, Xenon Headlights, Adaptive Headlights, High Beam Assist, Fog Lights, Cruise Control with Brake Function, Lane Departure Warning, Self Leveling Suspension, Electric Steering Wheel adjustment (tilt/telescope), Steering Wheel Heater, Sports Leather Steering Wheel, Tire Pressure Control, Automatic Lift Gate, Integrated Universal Garage Door Opener, Comfort Access, Sports Package, Roof Rails, Backup Camera, Top View Camera, Side View Camera, Panoramic Sunroof, Rear Door Sun Visors, Active Driver's Seat (massager), Heated and Cooled Front Seats, Heated Rear Seats, 20 way Sport Comfort Front Seats with Memory, Ski Bag, Storage Compartment Package, Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass, Factory Tinted Windows, Four Zone Automatic Climate Control, Rear Air Conditioning, Headlight Cleaning System, Parking Distance Control, Navigation System with Traffic Info, DSP Professional Premium Stereo, Voice Control, BMW Online with TeleServices, Mobil Smartphone Prep, Sirius Satellite Radio, USB/Audio Hard Drive Interface for Smartphone, Hill Descent Control, Full Size Spare Tire, Spare Tire Cargo Lid Strut, Cargo Cover, WeatherTech Floor and Cargo Liners.

I purchased this car with 80,000 miles in January 2013 and planned on keeping it for at least 300,000 miles. However, I am in the process of buying a house and I need to pare down my expenses. Trust me when I say I HATE to sell this car. I love driving it and she is just hitting her prime. I average 27-28MPG! Car has been fully serviced by BMW dealer and I have full dealer records to 100,000 miles. (Previous owner had the 5YR/100,000 mile BMW Maintenance Plan, which I know is inadequate for us maintenance-centric folks, but it is what it is). At 102,630 miles (9/5/2014) I did my own oil, oil filter, and air filter change, and filled the DEF with BMW OE fluids and filters (Mahle, Castrol, BMW). Vehicle has 103,400 miles on it now. I have all Owner's Manuals, the original sticker, and two keys. Car needs absolutely nothing. Set of Dunlop WinterSport 3D snow tires used one season included! I'm a long time BMW CCA member and enthusiast and I take care of my cars. PRICE IS NEGOTIABLE! Email me for more pics. Shortonvt@yahoo.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1414681018.254823.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	473088   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1414681227.256602.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	473089   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1414681308.629247.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	473090  
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to lpcapital Send a message via MSN to lpcapital Send a message via Yahoo to lpcapital Send a message via Skype™ to lpcapital
Mein Auto: Wasp & Duc
Just FIY, often time when I wash the car and move the seat back and forth to vacuum, I get the seat calibration message. I can never reset it using the forward-backward process specified in the owner's manual. However I have DIS (the older software that BMW used in the shop) and there is one click reset function in there (there's actually a code stored in the seat control module and to resolve the code the routine does a reset; it is exactly the same all forward all backward process). This always solves it.

I thought I'd share for a few reasons (1) the potential buyer could feel more comfortable knowing that likely is nothing wrong with it and (2) as long time BMW CCA member you may ask another member that has access to DIS or ISTA to reset it for you or (3) depending on your relationship with the local dealer they may do it as goodwill gesture since it takes 30 seconds.

ZetaTre
2003 BMW Z4 2.5i
2009 BMW X5 xDrive35d
2006 Ducati 999S
1999 Ducati Monster 750

Last edited by lpcapital; 10-30-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:04 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
ATF serviced yet?
Old 10-30-2014, 07:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 540i Sport
Thanks! I will look into DIS to solve the seat issue. And to answer your ATF question ard, no. It was on the list of to do's then the house came into play.... As nervous as I was of opening that Pandora's Box since it shifts and acts perfectly.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:13 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Maybe edit the original post to reflect that all service has not been done. You've fallen into the 100k 'trap'...they push it to 100k, and THEN say "Ooooh, too risky now"
Old 10-31-2014, 06:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
Maybe edit the original post to reflect that all service has not been done...
Just because you personally deem it necessary? And what if we get a member here who's still into 3k oil changes? Or so-called "old school schedule"? Or some other "me Dad always said..." religion?

Imho OP has it correct if he followed BMW schedule; everything else is a matter of beliefs.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
Just because you personally deem it necessary? And what if we get a member here who's still into 3k oil changes? Or so-called "old school schedule"? Or some other "me Dad always said..." religion?

Imho OP has it correct if he followed BMW schedule; everything else is a matter of beliefs.

Actually I believe BWMs published interval for ATF is 100k

If I am in error I'll edit my comments...