Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-15-2015, 05:13 PM
Kostyan Kostyan is offline
Registered User
Location: Baltimore
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 36
Mein Auto: 06 TL 6spd NAVI
Seeking PPI inspector in Long Island

Looking at a CPO X5d on Long Island and may need to hire someone to come out and do their pre-purchase inspection.

Can anyone recommend a BMW mechanic ?
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 05-15-2015, 05:42 PM
ard ard is offline
Resident Curmudgeon
Location: Sierra foothills
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,192
Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
"come out"?

Ive always found that getting the car to the shop is a better inspection...guys that do rolling inspections arent busy mechanics....
__________________
Keep it as simple as possible...but no simpler.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-19-2015, 01:54 PM
Ktrot Ktrot is offline
Registered User
Location: Greenlawn, NY
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: X5d
I use The Little Garage in Huntington, NY (no affiliation) for service on my 35d - very knowledgeable, nice people. He did tell me they "didn't have too much experience with X5 diesels, 'cause they don't break much." www.littlegarage.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Kostyan Kostyan is offline
Registered User
Location: Baltimore
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 36
Mein Auto: 06 TL 6spd NAVI
thanks guys while I was making up my mind about picking up a car possibly affected by Long Island flooding they sold it 2012 BMW CPO x5d 42k mi 18" standard wheels 3rd row Premium, Cold, Tech packages black on tobacco for 35.9

searching for cars closer to Maryland there are a lot of good deals coming out of NJ-NY based dealers and I am just scared to pick something up with long term electrical damage; Carfax will not have all the info
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-21-2015, 06:08 PM
PAX5 PAX5 is offline
Freude am Fahren
Location: Pennsylvania
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,542
Mein Auto: X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostyan View Post
thanks guys while I was making up my mind about picking up a car possibly affected by Long Island flooding they sold it 2012 BMW CPO x5d 42k mi 18" standard wheels 3rd row Premium, Cold, Tech packages black on tobacco for 35.9

searching for cars closer to Maryland there are a lot of good deals coming out of NJ-NY based dealers and I am just scared to pick something up with long term electrical damage; Carfax will not have all the info
Keep looking ...

Last week over a hundred 2012 X5 35d went through Manheim auctions! Your car is in there somewhere ...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2012 X5 35d - Manheim May.pdf (64.8 KB, 15 views)
__________________
PAX5
BMWCCA #20645
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-2015, 01:31 PM
Kostyan Kostyan is offline
Registered User
Location: Baltimore
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 36
Mein Auto: 06 TL 6spd NAVI
PAX5, I have had access to the same website as you did (until today somehow), and meticulously examined each listing for a 3rd row and desired options. My search has been focused only on Manheim PA auction because do not want to buy something without touching it first, and this is the only auction I could go to with my dealer. Manheim PA may have had only 2-3 3rd row offerings but they were not what I need (Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, 3rd row), or were higher in miles, or bad color. If you happen to be able to help, please do, since this is driving me nuts already! :-)))


there was a 2013 gasser 35k mi black on black sport package with 20" wheels, with 3rd row, Cold Weather, Premium and Tech. DINAN stage 2 flash and transferable rim/time protection package, pure beauty, all for sale by local Ford Dealer out in nowhere, Maryland. Ask was a whopping 43.5 and that is without CPO. Tried to bargain, but someone still bought it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-22-2015, 02:18 PM
PAX5 PAX5 is offline
Freude am Fahren
Location: Pennsylvania
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,542
Mein Auto: X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostyan View Post
... I need (Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, 3rd row), or were higher in miles, or bad color. If you happen to be able to help, please do, since this is driving me nuts already! :-)))

there was a 2013 gasser 35k mi black on black sport package with 20" wheels, with 3rd row, Cold Weather, Premium and Tech. DINAN stage 2 flash and transferable rim/time protection package, pure beauty, all for sale by local Ford Dealer out in nowhere, Maryland. Ask was a whopping 43.5 and that is without CPO. Tried to bargain, but someone still bought it.
I didn't know your criteria ...

Anything DINAN will command a premium ... just the name alone, but rarely is it worth any extra because it has DINAN whatever ...

Is 3rd row mandatory? Most say yes, until they have it and realize that they can do without it for all sorts of reason ...

Reconsider your requirements?
__________________
PAX5
BMWCCA #20645
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-22-2015, 03:01 PM
Kostyan Kostyan is offline
Registered User
Location: Baltimore
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 36
Mein Auto: 06 TL 6spd NAVI
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAX5 View Post
I didn't know your criteria ...

Anything DINAN will command a premium ... just the name alone, but rarely is it worth any extra because it has DINAN whatever ...

Is 3rd row mandatory? Most say yes, until they have it and realize that they can do without it for all sorts of reason ...

Reconsider your requirements?
Dinan is not my list; in fact I would prefer one without it but certainly not willing to pay premium

even though it is tiny space because i want to carry more people if needed, andhave occasional need for that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2015 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms