Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E24 (1976 - 1989)

E24 (1976 - 1989)
The BMW 6 Series (E24) was the first variant of the 6 series produced by BMW from 1976 through 1989.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:45 PM

Mein Auto: 1988 635csi
635 to 640 conversion

Hi,anybody out there know how difficult it would be to swap my 1988 635 M30 powered car for my 1994 540 drivetrain,struts,crossmember,rad,wiring harness,computer,and seats?As far as I know(enuf 2 get in trouble)struts,brakes and crossmember should bolt in,any thots let me know.Had a minor fire in my 635,bot a 540 since(1 owner 89K)and thot this would be an interesting car/combo as the 6er needs more punch.This make is more powerful than the m6,anybody know the weight diff between the 6 and 8 mill/thanx Dale
Ads by Google
Old 03-10-2013, 06:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to crazy635 Send a message via MSN to crazy635 Send a message via Yahoo to crazy635 Send a message via Skype™ to crazy635
Mein Auto: bmw 635csi 1984 auto
Wicked subject u got there mate!! I would like to keep an eye on this thread and see what the bimmer experts have to say!! I dunno about the rest of the 635 csi owners, but at least now , i am not the only one that would like to get a lot of power out of the old shark!!! The way i see it, the 635 its a classic now, So ,it means ...over the years it has lost a bit of horse power, stability, endurance, i guess they are not as though as they were when they came out obviously, the age has something to say rite. Even that we try hard to maintain and look after them as well as we can and afford too, they lost , some a lot , some a bit, of everything really, except the good looks A shark its a shark no matter the age , and if someone knows or its interested in how to restore all the power, endurance and stability ( suspension) etc etc etc, like when they were brand new out the factory , or even a better job, thats smthng worth paying attention if you own a 6`er , in my own opinion!

Imagine a shark abLe to deal and handLe with lets say over 400bhp wow that would be a nice dream comming tru