Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 01-09-2013, 06:26 PM

Mein Auto: 535i
Tire questions

I just purchased a 2011 F10 with 25k miles. I get a vibration over 50mph and expect its the tires which seem close to the wear bars. I've looked up the tires on tire rack and it does not look like there is a tread wear warranty. Is 25k typical for these oem tires? I've searched quite a bit and see overwhelming the recommendation seems to be ditch the run flats and go with mich pilot SS which have a 30k tread life. I drive all highway and about 20-25k lies per year. Any experience on if I will get more mileage on the PSS or if there is another tire I should consider?
Old 01-10-2013, 05:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
The vibration may or may not come from the tires, the 2011 had its share of vibration problems. It can also be a warp rim, or suspension issue. If your 20K miles a year is mostly highway, the Michelin should be able to last longer than 30K miles.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i ** 2002 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkammerer View Post
I just purchased a 2011 F10 with 25k miles. I get a vibration over 50mph and expect its the tires which seem close to the wear bars. I've looked up the tires on tire rack and it does not look like there is a tread wear warranty. Is 25k typical for these oem tires? I've searched quite a bit and see overwhelming the recommendation seems to be ditch the run flats and go with mich pilot SS which have a 30k tread life. I drive all highway and about 20-25k lies per year. Any experience on if I will get more mileage on the PSS or if there is another tire I should consider?

i would def opt for the Michelin Super Sports Non-Run Flats. I just purchased mine from tirerack and will be installed next wednesday at BMW! i researched a couple of weeks and read outstanding reviews from BMW F10 owners recommending this tire. plus with the 30k warranty, if you get less than 30k, they will prorate the difference depending on the tread depth left

2011 535i*Jet Black*Oyster/Black Interior*P1*P2*Convenience Package*Split Fold Rear Seats*Anthracite Wood*

2002 325ci*Silver Metallic*Grey Interior*5 speed* Burlwood*Premium*Ski pass through

2006 X3 *retired*

1979 Chevy Corvette*White*Red Interior* 30,000 original miles