Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:25 AM

Mein Auto: Toyota
Queston on Extended Warranty on New 14 BMW 328i Xdrive

Just bought the 14 BMW 328 xdrive last Saturday. I plan to keep this for a long time so bought the following extended warranty and it will be covered by Fidelity Warranty Service (FWS):

7 Yrs/100k mile on Michanicals "Platimum" package @ $3,910 & matenacne @ $2,495
4 Yrs Tire & Wheel Protection plan @ $1,537

I second my decision today and thought whether it's worth it and I was ripped off. I have 30 days to cancel this with 100% refund.

Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 08-19-2013, 11:28 AM

Mein Auto: Volvo XC90 & BMW R1200R
Personally, I'd rather put all that cash in the bank. The likelyhood of needing this covereage is slim, which is what the seller hedges on. That way, if your car never needs either of these policies you have a bank account with $5447 for the two insurance plans. The service Pkg is okay if you plan on keeping your car for 7yrs/100K miles.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Cancel, cancel, cancel, cancel!!! Even if you get all three of those you WAY, WAY over paid. They can be purchased from any BMW dealer and there are forum sponsors here on Bimmerfest who will make a much better deal. There is no need to purchase the warranty or extended maintenance until much closer to the expiration of the 4 yr/50k miles. btw - if for some reason you don't keep the car extended warranties and maintenance add only pennies on the dollar of their cost to resale value.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 328I Sport
The finance office at that dealership did a good sales job on you. Why didn't you buy the $2500 paint protection package and the $1500 lo-jack?

Last edited by Rolltide; 08-20-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:49 PM
MOTO BMW

Mein Auto: BMW K1300S, 335i M-Sport
For another perspective, here in SoCal those prices are not that bad. Insurance products are a very personal thing: some buyers won't touch them regardless of value and others wouldn't think of owning a vehicle this expensive and complex without them. It looks to me like your dealership is only making about $500 a policy at those prices (probably less on the tire and wheel) which is quite reasonable for insurance products.

But remember how insurance works: you are betting you have more claims than the present value of the premiums. What they really do is cap your repair/service/tire cots at the premiums over the life of the vehicle.

Myself, on a $62k vehicle I went the full monte: EVP, service and T&W. But we bought our vehicle and plan to run it 6yrs/100k miles and I don't want any multiple-thpusand dollar surprises down the road. Plus, with 19"s and expensive run-flats I would like to avoid the aggravation of having a new $400 tire catch a nail. IMHO.

JT

SoCal Motorrad Seller - 2013 Estoril Blue 335i M Sport
Driver's, Premium, Tech, 8spd, HK, Heated FS, Blk Grill, PPK, Exhaust, Splitter, Diffuser, Spoiler