Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F10 M5 (2012 - Current)

F10 M5 (2012 - Current)
The count down is on. The BMW M5 F10 will be released on April 1st, 2011!

Old 10-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
NY Times Unhappy with BMW M5 and M6 Driving Experience

The New York Times is the latest automotive publication to roll out a review of the 2013 M5 sedan and M6 coupe and convertible. Despite the laundry list of technology, a huge improvement in performance and gas mileage the M5 and engine/drive train sibling M6 continue to take the driver out of the driving experience.

Faster but Not So Furious, M Cars Slide Into Maturity
Quote:
but these Mís seem to approach the outer limits of usable ó especially when they only intermittently engage their driver.

One thing I never thought Iíd say in my lifetime: a Mercedes, specifically the E63 AMG, whose outlaw attitude would seem well matched to a young billionaire soccer club owner, is a charming, fried-rubber yahoo compared with these BMWs.

Viewed in a vacuum, these Mís still rock the road. But in an expanding performance universe, BMW ought to question its course of making warp-speeders that shorten trips between planets but leave the drivers in suspended animation. People donít buy fast cars to make better time, but to make their time better.
Read the full review on nytimes.com and let us know what you think. Have the M5 and M6 matured to the point of being stodgy?
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Ten2Six

Mein Auto: '11 550i
Good review, all true. Sad but true. Until sales numbers decline or flatten, BMW will continue making the luxobarges, aka serine starships as I call them, while losing purists on the way to increase sales volume. At least the steering is hydraulic in the M5. Thank god for Porsches! They havent sold out yet.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E46-E92 M3s,997TT,997C4S
The new M5 and M6 has loss its edge when it comes to driver involvement and road feel. Have you read the weight of each car now? The M5 is 4300 lbs!! And M6 is 4000+ lbs!! Not sure how anyone can consider these cars light, agile. To me, they're the German equivalent of American muscle cars like Camaro, 300SRT8, etc

Pretty said hugh?