Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i Convertible
Passenger xenon goes out when I steer...

I originally posted this in the E46 forum, cause its happening on my E46 haha, but since our E9x's have the same type lights I thought I would ask all you smarties in this forum!!

Original post:

So I have the steerable xenon's in my 2004 330ci and when I steer the lights, the passenger side light flickers then goes out, and stays out. When I switch to the non-auto setting defeating the steering function, the light comes on again and stays on like it should!! I just DIY changed the bulbs with new ones but it made no difference. Anyone know what's up? Thanks in advance.

Additional notes: I can't scan for codes, I don't have that capability, don't hold that against me. I am getting ready to do a visual inspection with the cover off to look for anything obvious.
2001 X5, 2009 528i (retired)
Ads by Google
Old 01-11-2013, 10:27 AM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
i never heard this happen on any E9X
Old 01-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i Convertible
Never mind. After looking at it this morning in the light, the wiring harness inside is in bad shape. Cracked insulation, wires showing, all kinds of shorting going on when the light moves (steers). Solution for now is to defeat the steering by not using the auto switch setting. Will need to figure out how to replace that harness internal to the headlight assembly.

Prepare to hear of this sooner or later on our E9x's.
2001 X5, 2009 528i (retired)