Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM

Mein Auto: Hoping for an X3
Dynamic Handling Package

Hello everyone.

First, thanks to everyone for all the valuable information on these boards. I have been debating between an X3 and an Audi Q5 for months and the information here has helped narrow down the decision (hint, the X3 has won).

The only thing to decide now is do I jump on a good deal for a leftover 2014 X3 or place an order for a 2015. I have found a 2014 M Sport with just about everything I want, and I do not think the updates in the 2015 would be enough offset the thousands I could likely save by jumping on this X3 that is already sitting on a dealer's lot. But it comes down to this.

The M sport obviously comes with Performance Control, but it lacks (and the dealer did not equip it with) the full Dynamic Handling Package, so it lacks the Variable Sport Steering and the Dynamic Damper Control. For someone who is looking for a sporty vehicle that handles well on the occasional windy mountain roads in the Northeast, how critical are these two items? Again, if ordering a vehicle I would go for the full Dynamic Handling Package as an option, but with a chance to get a 2014 below invoice, I'm nit sure if it is worth a couple extra thousand dollars or not.

Thanks in advance for any opinions on this and for all the great information I have gathered over the past few months here. I'm excited to have narrowed my search down to the X3 and looking forward to closing the deal now or getting something on order.
Ads by Google
Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
You have to decide if the dynamic handling package is worth $5000-$6000 to you, that's probably the price difference between the 2014 and 2015right now. I have driven a X3 with adaptive suspension, it does handle better in sport mode, but the ride is stiffer. In my opinion, when it comes down to it, it is still a SUV and will never handle like a sedan. One thing I did like about the adaptive suspension is driving on the highway on a windy day in sport mode, it drifts less than the regular suspension, again, a sedan would not have that issue.
Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM

Yes that sounds about right in terms of how much this would ultimately end up costing. Again, I would order a car with it IF I was ordering, but I also do not think the 2015 model itself has enough upgrades to warrant ordering. Sure, I always want the latest and greatest in terms of tech too, but I can likely get a loaded 2014 M Sport with everything except the Dynamic Handling Package and the upgraded lighting for at or even under $50K, thus my dilemma.

And btw I'm downsizing from a full size SUV so the X3 with another X3 mounted on the roof would handle better than what I'm driving now.
Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
New tech wise, the 2015 has the hand writing pad, I had one in my A6, fun at first but it's faster with the dial. There is always the optional $1900 led lights too.
Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
I'd go with the 2014. If you don't have it, you won't miss it. You could always ask if the dealer has one on the lot with the dynamic handling package for you to try just to compare. Even if it is a 3 series with it and without it, you can get a feel for how it changes handling.
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM

I would tend to agree. Having test driven the X3 without the DHP I was quite happy with it. I may see if I can test drive something with it, but if I can get a 2014 with everything else I want at below invoice I would be quite happy for sure.

The sticker price on the 2014 I am looking at is $57,500. I think is stand a pretty good chance,of getting it for about $50K even after the build out cash is taken into account.

On the other hand if I end up ordering a 2015 then the DHP may come back in play.

I'm hoping the M Sport shows up as configurable on BMW's website soon for the 2015s. I have the order and price guides already but would be nice to see the options there before committing to the 2014.
Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Have to say I like the 2011-14 M-sport, but I do not like the LCI M-sport. I think BMW missed the ball on that one.