Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 06-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i-M Space Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittanyBimmer View Post
I literally HATE the wood trim in my 2007 328xi bmw, i HATE it so if anyone has aluminum and wants to trade for wood I will trade asap!!!

heres pictures of my car, if anyone has aluminum that fits and wants to trade for this wood let me know

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...aff=national#0
Uh, you know you posted in the X3 forum, right? You aren't going to find many takers here. Perhaps the 3 series forum? Jus sayin.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 bmw 328xi
oops! I'm new here and just kinda posted wherever
Old 06-15-2013, 02:41 PM

Mein Auto: x3 sport
i wrapped mine in vinyl came out great i will post some pictures
Old 06-15-2013, 04:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 bmw 328xi
oooooo yeah lemme see, how much was that and did it cover all of the wood!?
Old 03-18-2014, 08:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 xDrive35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by link01 View Post
I also have brushed aluminum and would love to trade for wood trim. However, I heard the trim pieces on the door aren't trivial to remove. I didn't confirm, but they aren't pop in/pop out, but rather screwed in from the opposite side so you'll need to remove all 4 door panels to remove the 4 pieces of trim. Can anyone confirm this?
I'm in the process of swapping my fineline siena trim for fineline wave and I can confirm that for the trim pieces on the doors, there are two screws on each piece that secure it to the door panel (in addition to the metal snap clips). Removing the door panel is not too bad once you find the all the screws that secure the panel to the door. There are two screws at the bottom of the door panel on each side of the light and there are two screws under the leather cover of the door handle (the handle you use to pull the door closed). The front leather half of that handle comes off by prying it with a nylon pry tool. The screws are underneath it. Once the screws are off, you just use a pry tool around the perimeter of the door to pop all the nipple clips.

When reinstalling the door panel, remove the rubber window trim and its 6 clips from the door panel and place them on the door. That way you snap the door panel into the rubber trim clips as you are reinstalling the panel back onto the door. It is too hard to try to reinstall the door panel with the rubber window trim already attached to it.

Hope this helps anyone who is swapping trim like me.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 X35i
if any of the members have replaced the aluminum trim, I am in need of the passenger side front trim piece. I am amazed as to how many nicks and dings are on that one trim part.

it looks as if the original owner's passenger played darts or something on it. thanks!

Last edited by Fjrmann; 03-19-2014 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:44 PM

Talking

documentation for removing the door panels so you can get to the screws that hold the door trim pieces in place.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf door_tweetercover.pdf (132.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: pdf reardoor_trimpanel.pdf (489.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: pdf frontdoor_trimpanel.pdf (444.9 KB, 54 views)
Old 03-27-2014, 10:51 AM

Mein Auto: X3 xDrive28i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfeiner View Post
I'm in the process of swapping my fineline siena trim for fineline wave and I can confirm that for the trim pieces on the doors, there are two screws on each piece that secure it to the door panel (in addition to the metal snap clips). Removing the door panel is not too bad once you find the all the screws that secure the panel to the door. There are two screws at the bottom of the door panel on each side of the light and there are two screws under the leather cover of the door handle (the handle you use to pull the door closed). The front leather half of that handle comes off by prying it with a nylon pry tool. The screws are underneath it. Once the screws are off, you just use a pry tool around the perimeter of the door to pop all the nipple clips.

When reinstalling the door panel, remove the rubber window trim and its 6 clips from the door panel and place them on the door. That way you snap the door panel into the rubber trim clips as you are reinstalling the panel back onto the door. It is too hard to try to reinstall the door panel with the rubber window trim already attached to it.

Hope this helps anyone who is swapping trim like me.
We just bought a 2014 X3 28i this week that had everything we wanted except it has Fineline Wave Wood interior trim. We really wanted Brushed Aluminum trim, but we had to get a vehicle that was in stock at the dealer in order to get their discount. I plan to swap it out myself but need to acquire the brushed aluminum trim first.
Is anyone still looking to trade Bushed Aluminum Trim for Fineline Wave Wood trim? We have the normal automatic transmission so the center console trim piece looks like the image below (just in Fineline Wave Wood).

Old 03-27-2014, 01:00 PM

Mein Auto: x3 35i
I too wanted the brush aluminum trim but after staring at it for awhile I love my darkwood trim.

The silver is sporty while the dark wood is more elegant. The light wood seems old school.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-17-2014, 08:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3 35i
swap brushed aluminium for any wood trim

I have brushed aluminium trim on my 2011 X3 35i auto trans, i'm willing to swap for any wood trim. Let me know if anyone is interested

Last edited by bobby23; 04-17-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:24 AM

bobby23:
I'm very interested in swapping as purchasing an outright new kit from the dealer or on the internet is $$$. What condition is your trim (as you have a 2011 vehicle)? My Fineline Wave Wood trim is 2 weeks old. I can send photos if you're willing to do the same with your brushed aluminum trim. Also, I haven't done the detailed dig into part numbers to make sure that 2011 trim would work on a 2014 vehicle (and vice versa), but if we can verify that, I'm very interested.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3 35i
atlX3er

Condition - looks like new, no scratches at all. I can email you pictures if you can share your email address. I checked with local BMW dealer last month, they mentioned F25 X3 intertior trim is the same for 2011 - 2014 models, you may want to confirm that with your local dealer as well.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlX3er View Post
We just bought a 2014 X3 28i this week that had everything we wanted except it has Fineline Wave Wood interior trim. We really wanted Brushed Aluminum trim, but we had to get a vehicle that was in stock at the dealer in order to get their discount. I plan to swap it out myself but need to acquire the brushed aluminum trim first.
Is anyone still looking to trade Bushed Aluminum Trim for Fineline Wave Wood trim? We have the normal automatic transmission so the center console trim piece looks like the image below (just in Fineline Wave Wood).

That is fineline siena. Fineline wave is much darker

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-20-2014, 07:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 z4 35is
I also have the brushed aluminum in mint condition that I would swap for wood if interested!
Old 04-22-2014, 02:10 PM

Mein Auto: X3 2.0d xdrive
Hi can u tell me how hard is to remove central console because i wanted also to reedo mine

Sent from BimmerApp Air
Old 04-22-2014, 02:15 PM

I haven't actually swapped my trim yet, but will be doing so in the next month (May 2014). I'll let you know how it goes and what the tips and tricks are for removing each panel.