Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:14 PM

Mein Auto: F07, E83, E36 cabrio, E31
configuring sport mode tight steering

I own F07 520d GT –production December 2014- without Integralaktivlenkung and with M Sportfahrwerk. So I have EcoPro, Comfort and Sport modes.

I used to have a F07 530d GT -production date octiber 2010- with Integralaktivlenkung and without M Sportfahrwerk.

In my old 2010 530d it was possible to select in Sport mode i f I wanted to apply it to drivetrain, chassis or both. I used to activate only chassis and I achieved the drivetrain by putting the gear shift in S mode.

The new 2014 F07 could select sport mode, but not configure it

It can be done with 2 codings:

HU_CIC bzw. HU_NBT bzw. HU_ENTRYNAV / MACRO_FDS = popup_and_config put to active

and

ICM / IcmKod_B_Sportindividualisierbar put to active

This way it is possible to code the more stiff steering typical of the Sport mode without the nervousness of the motor and shifting.

Remember to clear codes after you FDL code ICM module; a little bit scaring the error message when you see it first time and don't know that this happens every time you code the ICM module; it goes away as soon as you do the following procedure:

Clear All DTCs/Error codes through ESYS:
1. Connect with your OBD2 cable. AC power only on for your car by tapping START once.
2. Open up ESYS.
3. Select External Applications tab on the left.
4. Select External Application followed by Transmitter.
5. Make sure you connect first with the CONNECT button.
6. Scroll all the way down this list and you will see "Clear All DTCs" at the very end (should be the longest line of them all). Double click it and it will start clearing your codes.
7. Disconnect with the button, close ESYS and shut off your engine. Wait for 30-60 seconds, turn your engine on.

Thanks, manuel
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2016, 12:46 AM
That Guy w/ the Modded GT

Mein Auto: BMW 550i GT LCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcob View Post
I own F07 520d GT –production December 2014- without Integralaktivlenkung and with M Sportfahrwerk. So I have EcoPro, Comfort and Sport modes.

I used to have a F07 530d GT -production date octiber 2010- with Integralaktivlenkung and without M Sportfahrwerk.

In my old 2010 530d it was possible to select in Sport mode i f I wanted to apply it to drivetrain, chassis or both. I used to activate only chassis and I achieved the drivetrain by putting the gear shift in S mode.

The new 2014 F07 could select sport mode, but not configure it

It can be done with 2 codings:

HU_CIC bzw. HU_NBT bzw. HU_ENTRYNAV / MACRO_FDS = popup_and_config put to active

and

ICM / IcmKod_B_Sportindividualisierbar put to active

This way it is possible to code the more stiff steering typical of the Sport mode without the nervousness of the motor and shifting.

Remember to clear codes after you FDL code ICM module; a little bit scaring the error message when you see it first time and don't know that this happens every time you code the ICM module; it goes away as soon as you do the following procedure:

Clear All DTCs/Error codes through ESYS:
1. Connect with your OBD2 cable. AC power only on for your car by tapping START once.
2. Open up ESYS.
3. Select External Applications tab on the left.
4. Select External Application followed by Transmitter.
5. Make sure you connect first with the CONNECT button.
6. Scroll all the way down this list and you will see "Clear All DTCs" at the very end (should be the longest line of them all). Double click it and it will start clearing your codes.
7. Disconnect with the button, close ESYS and shut off your engine. Wait for 30-60 seconds, turn your engine on.

Thanks, manuel
Bringing up an old thread. So this allowed you to configure the Chassis and/or Drivetrain in Sport mode? Did it also bring back Sport+ or no?

Say Goodbye to the Old GT. Say Hello to my New LCI.

Different. Bold. Unconventional.

Follow me on Instagram at: www.instagram.com/TheBlackGT

CCA Member: 477510
Old 10-15-2016, 03:04 AM

Yes, it this allowed meto configure the Chassis and/or Drivetrain in Sport mode

but no Sport+

manuel
Old 10-15-2016, 03:04 AM

Yes, it this allowed meto configure the Chassis and/or Drivetrain in Sport mode

but no Sport+

manuel

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
error, f07, f10, icm, steering. sport mode

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search