Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 01-19-2013, 05:55 AM
cn555ic cn555ic is offline
The Coder guy in N.Y
Location: New York, Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 446
Mein Auto: bmw
So basically any new PSDZdata from this point after 48.3 will require a new token to make it work. This is a major road block. I guess Akiss we will be hitting you up for your new tokens.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-19-2013, 08:41 AM
bmwcoding bmwcoding is offline
Registered User
Location: Switzerland
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: F11
Hi Shawn,

can you please send me your 48.3.-link please?

thx
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-19-2013, 08:49 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,856
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwcoding View Post
Hi Shawn,

can you please send me your 48.3.-link please?

thx
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Beer55 Beer55 is offline
Registered User
Location: Bern
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: 335i E92
Hello Shawn can i have the link for 48.3? ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:33 AM
zenradical zenradical is offline
Registered User
Location: Massachusetts
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 535i
Shawn,

Would you please send me the link to 48.3?

Thanks,
Joe
__________________
________________________
Current - 2013 535i 6MT
Retired - 2009 535xi 6MT
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 AM
simonchs simonchs is offline
Registered User
Location: Hong Kong
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 97
Mein Auto: BMW 118i F20
hello akiss, mind to share the new EST token file?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:44 AM
akiss akiss is offline
Registered User
Location: Vienna, Austria
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 33
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 520dA F11
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonchs View Post
hello akiss, mind to share the new EST token file?
Hi,

no sorry, that was a lot of effort to work these things out, offer -> send PM.

Token alone won't help, new patch also needed...

Andy
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-19-2013, 12:50 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,856
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer55 View Post
Hello Shawn can i have the link for 48.3? ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenradical View Post
Shawn,

Would you please send me the link to 48.3?

Thanks,
Joe
PM's sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-19-2013, 01:00 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,856
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonchs View Post
hello akiss, mind to share the new EST token file?
The day's of Free Tokens are over.

The original Code Away.EST that was leaked, which a great many people benefited from, has reached the end of it's life. People are just going to have to accept the fact that going forward. if they want to continue to use newer PSdZData, and newer versions of E-Sys which are required for Flashing Firmware, it is going to cost them 50 Euro / $65 USD for a Patch / Token good for 12 months.

The Patch / Token cost is still a fraction of what "professional" coders charge to code cars, and you get a full years worth of use out of it, rather than just one time.

E-Sys with ENET is still a bargain.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-19-2013, 05:23 PM
simonchs simonchs is offline
Registered User
Location: Hong Kong
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 97
Mein Auto: BMW 118i F20
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
The day's of Free Tokens are over.

The original Code Away.EST that was leaked, which a great many people benefited from, has reached the end of it's life. People are just going to have to accept the fact that going forward. if they want to continue to use newer PSdZData, and newer versions of E-Sys which are required for Flashing Firmware, it is going to cost them 50 Euro / $65 USD for a Patch / Token good for 12 months.

The Patch / Token cost is still a fraction of what "professional" coders charge to code cars, and you get a full years worth of use out of it, rather than just one time.

E-Sys with ENET is still a bargain.
still a reasonable cost, even for my personal own use
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 01-19-2013, 06:45 PM
cn555ic cn555ic is offline
The Coder guy in N.Y
Location: New York, Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 446
Mein Auto: bmw
I just wonder if new psdzdata comes out, Will this token if we purchase be still functional if they start changing it for the F10? I mean do we have to keep purchasing new ones as each new rendition of data comes along?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:37 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,856
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I just wonder if new psdzdata comes out, Will this token if we purchase be still functional if they start changing it for the F10? I mean do we have to keep purchasing new ones as each new rendition of data comes along?
What you are buying is basically one-year of E-Sys use for a specific version of E-Sys (e.g. E-Sys 3.22.5). If PSdZData changes require updates to the Patch / Token, I have seen where he will send his customers updates to keep them running.

What is won't get you is use of a newer version of E-Sys should one be released (e.g. E-Sys 3.22.6). That would require another Patch / Token Purchase.

Of course there are no guarantee's. If future security changes become impossible to circumvent, than there is not much that can be done, although I think the chances of that are slim.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:27 PM
tankren tankren is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Jiangsu China
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 179
Mein Auto: 116i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
The day's of Free Tokens are over.

The original Code Away.EST that was leaked, which a great many people benefited from, has reached the end of it's life. People are just going to have to accept the fact that going forward. if they want to continue to use newer PSdZData, and newer versions of E-Sys which are required for Flashing Firmware, it is going to cost them 50 Euro / $65 USD for a Patch / Token good for 12 months.

The Patch / Token cost is still a fraction of what "professional" coders charge to code cars, and you get a full years worth of use out of it, rather than just one time.

E-Sys with ENET is still a bargain.
bad news
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:33 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,856
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankren View Post
bad news
Sorry. I will ask about special China pricing as I know the cost is a much bigger burden for you folks.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:50 PM
ello888 ello888 is offline
Registered User
Location: HK
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 87
Mein Auto: BMW
Hi Shawn..

If 48.3 is a problem, which is the latest version that will not have a problem. Is it 48.1? If so, can you PM me pls?

I only have 47.5 which is fine on my f10. But I need newer PSDZATA for a F30 I am about to code so knowing this 48.3 problem, I better downgrade my PSDZATA to one that will work.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-20-2013, 12:04 AM
kon kon is offline
Registered User
Location: Singapore
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
What you are buying is basically one-year of E-Sys use for a specific version of E-Sys (e.g. E-Sys 3.22.5). If PSdZData changes require updates to the Patch / Token, I have seen where he will send his customers updates to keep them running.

What is won't get you is use of a newer version of E-Sys should one be released (e.g. E-Sys 3.22.6). That would require another Patch / Token Purchase.

Of course there are no guarantee's. If future security changes become impossible to circumvent, than there is not much that can be done, although I think the chances of that are slim.
Sounded more like one version of esys usage, if during the year a new version is release then will get a new version & token?

just don't quite get how the "one year usage" is implemented unless the token is set to expire on a specific date?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-20-2013, 12:09 AM
kon kon is offline
Registered User
Location: Singapore
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ello888 View Post
Hi Shawn..

If 48.3 is a problem, which is the latest version that will not have a problem. Is it 48.1? If so, can you PM me pls?

I only have 47.5 which is fine on my f10. But I need newer PSDZATA for a F30 I am about to code so knowing this 48.3 problem, I better downgrade my PSDZATA to one that will work.

Thanks
48.3 is not a problem with F10 yet.

F20/F30 with F020-12-505 is 48.3 which will require a newer version of esys & 48.3, any F20/F30 with lower I-level than this can continue to use 48.1 (not much word about 48.2)
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-20-2013, 12:35 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,856
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ello888 View Post
Hi Shawn..

If 48.3 is a problem, which is the latest version that will not have a problem. Is it 48.1? If so, can you PM me pls?

I only have 47.5 which is fine on my f10. But I need newer PSDZATA for a F30 I am about to code so knowing this 48.3 problem, I better downgrade my PSDZATA to one that will work.

Thanks
For F10, 48.3 should be all right, but I PM'd you 48.1 just in case.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-20-2013, 12:36 AM
simonchs simonchs is offline
Registered User
Location: Hong Kong
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 97
Mein Auto: BMW 118i F20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
Sounded more like one version of esys usage, if during the year a new version is release then will get a new version & token?

just don't quite get how the "one year usage" is implemented unless the token is set to expire on a specific date?
yes, seems the .est token file is a kind of xml file. it's a plain text file with some encrypted key, for example you can open the Code Away.est with notepad, and there are "EST NotValidBefore="2011-09-01" NotValidAfter="2031-10-30"" inside, you can see the token valid date

Last edited by simonchs; 01-20-2013 at 12:37 AM. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-20-2013, 12:37 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,856
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
Sounded more like one version of esys usage, if during the year a new version is release then will get a new version & token?

just don't quite get how the "one year usage" is implemented unless the token is set to expire on a specific date?
It is one version of E-Sys, and you are not entitled to any Patch / Token for a newer E-Sys version.

The Token does expire. It has a Validity Period. Open up the EST file in notepad and you will see something like this:

EST NotValidBefore="2013-01-09" NotValidAfter="2014-01-09"
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:09 AM
akiss akiss is offline
Registered User
Location: Vienna, Austria
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 33
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 520dA F11
Right now in V48.3 the new check can be found:

F001 - NO
F010 - NO
F020 - YES
F025 - NO
K001 - NO
RR01- NO

Andy
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-20-2013, 05:29 AM
cn555ic cn555ic is offline
The Coder guy in N.Y
Location: New York, Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 446
Mein Auto: bmw
Okay. I will downgrade back to 48.1 for now until most of the chasis utilizes this new check. As for the price of this token offered by Akiss, I think it's beyond fair and very reasonable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-20-2013, 05:30 AM
kon kon is offline
Registered User
Location: Singapore
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
It is one version of E-Sys, and you are not entitled to any Patch / Token for a newer E-Sys version.

The Token does expire. It has a Validity Period. Open up the EST file in notepad and you will see something like this:

EST NotValidBefore="2013-01-09" NotValidAfter="2014-01-09"
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonchs View Post
yes, seems the .est token file is a kind of xml file. it's a plain text file with some encrypted key, for example you can open the Code Away.est with notepad, and there are "EST NotValidBefore="2011-09-01" NotValidAfter="2031-10-30"" inside, you can see the token valid date

Thanks! local dealer are currently at 504, so we're safe (for the very short term)
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-20-2013, 06:34 AM
crazyiven crazyiven is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: E90 LCI 335d
Shawn,

Would you please send me the link to 48.3? And i think a one year fee for this effort in keeping it up2date is ok ... if i ran into my first f20/f30 where i need 48.3, i'll contact akiss

Thanks
crazyiven
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-20-2013, 01:07 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,856
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyiven View Post
Shawn,

Would you please send me the link to 48.3? And i think a one year fee for this effort in keeping it up2date is ok ... if i ran into my first f20/f30 where i need 48.3, i'll contact akiss

Thanks
crazyiven
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms