Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Dusty

Mein Auto: 2014 328xi
Check engine light p3195

Does anyone know what this code stands for?

It first happened after I took it back from the dealership for a fuel pump recall a few weeks ago. Drive train malfunction message appeared and car entered limp mode, I restarted the car and it went back to normal. The CEL stayed on, but cleared itself after shutting down for 2 hours.

Today the CEL came back on, without the drive train malfunction message or limp mode. Again the CEL cleared itself after shutting down for a few hours.

BMS Stage 1
BC BR type coilovers
TRmotorsport MT1 18x8
Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetrical all season
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2015, 12:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by redblack View Post
Does anyone know what this code stands for?

It first happened after I took it back from the dealership for a fuel pump recall a few weeks ago. Drive train malfunction message appeared and car entered limp mode, I restarted the car and it went back to normal. The CEL stayed on, but cleared itself after shutting down for 2 hours.

Today the CEL came back on, without the drive train malfunction message or limp mode. Again the CEL cleared itself after shutting down for a few hours.
If your car is PZEV N26 the dealer can fix the CEL issues even if the car is out of new-car warranty(but covered by PZEV emission warranty). However if the engine mod(as shown on signature) is the culprit then the dealer may deny PZEV coverage.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Dusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessman View Post
If your car is PZEV N26 the dealer can fix the CEL issues even if the car is out of new-car warranty(but covered by PZEV emission warranty). However if the engine mod(as shown on signature) is the culprit then the dealer may deny PZEV coverage.

I can't be 100% sure, but I doubt it is the mod. Not a single CEL until the fuel pump recall. Besides the car is driving fine after restarting.

I searched and found definitions of CEL codes, but I can't find the one shown on my obdii scanner(p3195).

Going in for service stinks, they do provide me some nice loaners, but nothing beats the smell of my own car!

BMS Stage 1
BC BR type coilovers
TRmotorsport MT1 18x8
Old 12-03-2015, 12:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by redblack View Post
I can't be 100% sure, but I doubt it is the mod. Not a single CEL until the fuel pump recall. Besides the car is driving fine after restarting.

I searched and found definitions of CEL codes, but I can't find the one shown on my obdii scanner(p3195).

Going in for service stinks, they do provide me some nice loaners, but nothing beats the smell of my own car!
This may help:

http://my.obdcloud.com/dtc_codes/seat/obdii_codes/P3195

"P3195 - Cylinder Deactivation System Bank 1.
Type: Powertrain
System: Fuel and Air Metering and Auxiliary Emission Controls"

Last edited by namelessman; 12-03-2015 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:20 AM
Dusty

Thank for the link! Time to suck it up, I can't take the chance

BMS Stage 1
BC BR type coilovers
TRmotorsport MT1 18x8

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search