Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 AM
podon podon is offline
Registered User
Location: Italy
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38
Mein Auto: Bmw 640d
CIC Graphic

Hi can I have CiC graphic like in the image below?
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 01-13-2013, 09:22 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,736
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by podon View Post
Hi can I have CiC graphic like in the image below?
Yes, so long as you are willing to swap out your HU_CIC Head Unit for the new HU_NBT Head Unit, which will be a quite expensive retrofit.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:32 PM
kon kon is offline
Registered User
Location: Singapore
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Yes, so long as you are willing to swap out your HU_CIC Head Unit for the new HU_NBT Head Unit, which will be a quite expensive retrofit.
Just curious, is it just the CIC Head unit? What about the COMBOX?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 AM
tankren tankren is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Jiangsu China
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 182
Mein Auto: 116i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
Just curious, is it just the CIC Head unit? What about the COMBOX?
3rd generation iDrive HU_NBT makes "combox" be part of it
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:48 AM
kon kon is offline
Registered User
Location: Singapore
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankren View Post
3rd generation iDrive HU_NBT makes "combox" be part of it
I've read about it, that's why I asked, since the combox cable is routed to the trunk area, replacing the HU_CIC would also require the cable at trunk routed back to the headunit area.... so not as simple as swapping the HU_CIC?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-14-2013, 02:55 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,736
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
I've read about it, that's why I asked, since the combox cable is routed to the trunk area, replacing the HU_CIC would also require the cable at trunk routed back to the headunit area.... so not as simple as swapping the HU_CIC?
I never said it was simple, in fact that is my point. It is difficult and expensive, and I am not sure if the Dealer could program the car afterwards, so it may require swapping the old CIC back in for Dealer programming.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-14-2013, 04:46 AM
kon kon is offline
Registered User
Location: Singapore
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I never said it was simple, in fact that is my point. It is difficult and expensive, and I am not sure if the Dealer could program the car afterwards, so it may require swapping the old CIC back in for Dealer programming.
Just wanted to confirm and not want to assume since i know zero, but one of the local shop that does retrofit did show picture of something that resemble a combox, so if both need replacing, then it should be a simple swap
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-14-2013, 06:12 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,736
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
Just wanted to confirm and not want to assume since i know zero, but one of the local shop that does retrofit did show picture of something that resemble a combox, so if both need replacing, then it should be a simple swap
I am not sure what you saw, but with HU_NBT, the Combox is physically part of the Head Unit, not a stand alone module.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms