Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 AM

Mein Auto: Bmw 640d
CIC Graphic

Hi can I have CiC graphic like in the image below?
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by podon View Post
Hi can I have CiC graphic like in the image below?
Yes, so long as you are willing to swap out your HU_CIC Head Unit for the new HU_NBT Head Unit, which will be a quite expensive retrofit.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 01-13-2013, 11:32 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Yes, so long as you are willing to swap out your HU_CIC Head Unit for the new HU_NBT Head Unit, which will be a quite expensive retrofit.
Just curious, is it just the CIC Head unit? What about the COMBOX?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 AM

Mein Auto: 116i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
Just curious, is it just the CIC Head unit? What about the COMBOX?
3rd generation iDrive HU_NBT makes "combox" be part of it
Old 01-14-2013, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankren View Post
3rd generation iDrive HU_NBT makes "combox" be part of it
I've read about it, that's why I asked, since the combox cable is routed to the trunk area, replacing the HU_CIC would also require the cable at trunk routed back to the headunit area.... so not as simple as swapping the HU_CIC?
Old 01-14-2013, 02:55 AM

Quote:
I've read about it, that's why I asked, since the combox cable is routed to the trunk area, replacing the HU_CIC would also require the cable at trunk routed back to the headunit area.... so not as simple as swapping the HU_CIC?
I never said it was simple, in fact that is my point. It is difficult and expensive, and I am not sure if the Dealer could program the car afterwards, so it may require swapping the old CIC back in for Dealer programming.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 01-14-2013, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I never said it was simple, in fact that is my point. It is difficult and expensive, and I am not sure if the Dealer could program the car afterwards, so it may require swapping the old CIC back in for Dealer programming.
Just wanted to confirm and not want to assume since i know zero, but one of the local shop that does retrofit did show picture of something that resemble a combox, so if both need replacing, then it should be a simple swap
Old 01-14-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Just wanted to confirm and not want to assume since i know zero, but one of the local shop that does retrofit did show picture of something that resemble a combox, so if both need replacing, then it should be a simple swap
I am not sure what you saw, but with HU_NBT, the Combox is physically part of the Head Unit, not a stand alone module.