Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:40 AM

Mein Auto: MINI Cooper Baker Street
Sanity Check My 2013 Lease Calculation

Hello folks. I'm pretty sure I have this calculation way off, so I'm hoping for a couple pointers.

I'm looking at this X1:
http://www.eastbaybmw.com/detail-201...w-9910728.html

Appears to be pretty much "loaded" minus sport options. Edmunds calculated it to $44,790 sticker, though the dealer lists as $41,345 before destination (+$895). This discrepancy has me a little confused about the invoice and what I should expect as a final cost.

I downloaded the lease calculator and checked current residuals, which appear to be 67% for 24 months and 62% for 30 months. These terms appeal to me, as we have a 36 month lease that is 6 months old and plan to move abroad when both are finished (purchasing at the end is very unlikely).

So, using the lease calculator with 8 MSDs (I am a current BMWFS customer) and zero money down, 9.25% taxes folded into the lease, I get a cap cost of about $43,642, residual of $27,770, and monthly payment of $621. Security deposit then of $5,200.

Those numbers all just look very high to me. Being that the car is on the lot, prior model year (2013), and lots of fluffy options (some of which I'd rather not have), I was hoping for a monthly cost more like $400. Since I am clearly so out of whack, I'm hoping to community here can give a sanity check.

What am I doing wrong here?

Keep in mind, this is my own work and NOT anything offered by the dealer. I just want to have my ducks in a row before I head over there.

Thanks!

Damien

Last edited by ddelruss; 01-13-2013 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Clean up double signature.
Ads by Google