Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E70 X5 M / E71 X6 M

E70 X5 M / E71 X6 M
Forum for the all-wheel-drive models BMW X5 M and BMW X6 M.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:50 AM
Aviator

Mein Auto: BMWs
Anyone have full leather?

I'm trying to find out if the full leather interior includes leather sun visors or the same vinyl visors as in the base upholstery models.
'11 Z4 - mojave over beige • 6 speed manual • Münich delivery

...and a bunch of old English motorcycles
Ads by Google
Old 01-14-2013, 05:25 AM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkreidel View Post
I'm trying to find out if the full leather interior includes leather sun visors or the same vinyl visors as in the base upholstery models.
They certainly are not Nappa leather like the dash. They appear to have a plastic feel, so I guess they are vinyl.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Old 01-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
They certainly are not Nappa leather like the dash. They appear to have a plastic feel, so I guess they are vinyl.
Very plasticky! Hey man, the leather dash was the ONLY option mine didn't have, so you're lucky! So bummed; but everything else (price included) was right!

2008 Chevy Trailblazer SS (Sale pending)
1971 Buick Skylark
Old 01-14-2013, 09:17 AM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Meh...I drove one with the full leather and, to me, it did not seem worth the price. I passed on it when I built mine. It is nice, but not 3800 nice IMHO. Not to offend those who got it like Dunderhi.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:57 AM

Mein Auto: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300ZHP View Post
Meh...I drove one with the full leather and, to me, it did not seem worth the price. I passed on it when I built mine. It is nice, but not 3800 nice IMHO. Not to offend those who got it like Dunderhi.
Damn, I didn't recall the $3800 price...but then again when you're building it online; it's easy to go wild and overboard!

2008 Chevy Trailblazer SS (Sale pending)
1971 Buick Skylark
Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 PM
East Coast Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Wolfe View Post
Damn, I didn't recall the $3800 price...but then again when you're building it online; it's easy to go wild and overboard!
Yeah, but I tend to be simple in my build configs. Usually all I get are the performance enhancements. The tech stuff does nothing for me and I always pass on that. Dunderhi is all about the tech stuff though. I got very few options so I have a very sweet lease payment on my x5M. Most people are paying a good 250-300 more than me.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:30 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Wolfe View Post
Yeah, but I tend to be simple in my build configs. Usually all I get are the performance enhancements. The tech stuff does nothing for me and I always pass on that. Dunderhi is all about the tech stuff though. I got very few options so I have a very sweet lease payment on my x5M. Most people are paying a good 250-300 more than me.
Wow, I forgot how much it was, but the price is a little deceiving. For $4,700 you get the ventilated seats, active driver seat, and full leather. I could have skipped the full leather, but the ventilated seats were an absolute must.

That said, I really like the Nappa leather on the dash and doors, but I can't figure out why the put Merino leather on the seats. I know the Merino is supposed to be the next level up, but I really like Nappa the best. DreamCar had it in his 5er and I loved it. My 6er will have Nappa almost everywhere, so I'll be able to compare Merino vs Nappa over time to see if one wears better than the other.

P.S. No offense taken.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Old 01-14-2013, 05:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X6M
In my case full leather was the only option - I wanted the Mugello Red interior for my MCB X6 ///M

I actually passed on the ventilated seats for that reason, the color choice if you want ventilated seats is kind of limited. I would have gotten them otherwise.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:44 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
In my case full leather was the only option - I wanted the Mugello Red interior for my MCB X6 ///M

I actually passed on the ventilated seats for that reason, the color choice if you want ventilated seats is kind of limited. I would have gotten them otherwise.
Put holes and heaters in my beautiful leather seats? Not while I'm alive.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRail View Post
Put holes and heaters in my beautiful leather seats? Not while I'm alive.
Pretty sure the front seat heaters are standard already in both X///M's

As for the holes, some love them some hate them. We have ventilated seats in our GL550 with the Savannah/Cashmere interior and I actually like the perforated look, but they are small holes and executed well.

Anyway for the X6M getting Red interior was #1 priority.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 AM
East Coast Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
Pretty sure the front seat heaters are standard already in both X///M's

As for the holes, some love them some hate them. We have ventilated seats in our GL550 with the Savannah/Cashmere interior and I actually like the perforated look, but they are small holes and executed well.

Anyway for the X6M getting Red interior was #1 priority.
Nice. I almost got mugello red with carbon leather trim, but ended up getting black with aluminum trim.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Nice. I almost got mugello red with carbon leather trim, but ended up getting black with aluminum trim.
That's funny, I am just getting out of a black car with grey/black interior so I wanted something more colorful
Old 01-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Aviator

Mein Auto: BMWs
I might have ordered the extended leather and deleted a few other options (LED lights, front/side view camera,...) had my 5M been ordered but it was sitting all alone on the dealer's lot on 12/30 looking for a home.

The only thing that bugs me about the stock leather interior is the cheesy vinyl sun visors. I tried one of the very nice leather visors off the 650 vert but no joy. I'm going to look for something in BMW's parts book that will work, and failing that have the shop down the street try to match the leather.

dk
'11 Z4 - mojave over beige • 6 speed manual • Münich delivery

...and a bunch of old English motorcycles

Last edited by dkreidel; 02-08-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkreidel View Post
I might have ordered the extended leather and deleted a few other options (LCD lights, front/side view camera,...) had my 5M been ordered but it was sitting all alone on the dealer's lot on 12/30 looking for a home.

The only thing that bugs me about the stock leather interior is the cheesy vinyl sun visors. I tried one of the very nice leather visors off the 650 vert but no joy. I'm going to look for something in BMW's parts book that will work, and failing that have the shop down the street try to match the leather.

dk
The LED lights are gorgeous. If I had been made to choose (thankfully I hadn't been) I'd have chosen LED lights over full leather, since all the "regular" leather is still really nice in the X ///M's. Those LED lights make the vehicle look like it belongs in this century. You don't care for them over the standard lights?

Keep us posted on the visor solution. That's something I'll be interested in, as well.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5M
Personally, I love the full leather and I feel it really fits a car of this caliber. It's especially noticeable when you have an interior color other than black. On my Silverstone interior, the extra Silverstone leather that covers the lower parts of the dash as well as the entire door and lower parts of the door, really makes the interior stand out. I just wish they included the alcantara headliner that comes on the M5/M6 as well. I love the comfort ventilated seats too and it's one of the only seats that I don't get back aches/pain during longer drives.